Confirmed with Link: Ducks will have orange Jerseys in 2018 - 19

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
No. Just got that info from Icethetics. The jersey will be unveiled at some point this month I'm sure.

JerseyWatch
lmao, that 25th anniversary logo is of this caliber:

the-car-we-used-to-draw-in-kindergarten-actually-does-exist-yYrkV.jpg

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
My point is it just doesn't make much sense. They should be trying to build an identity for the team and a big part of that for casual fans is the jersey. I think it's harder to do that when it's changing every few years.

Honestly it is a great ploy to sell jerseys though. I'd love to see the numbers behind it. I'll admit I went out and bought the orange mighty ducks jersey one so I guess I'm part of the problem lol
It's not that big of a deal though, and I'm glad they're going back to the Mighty Ducks logo

Oh, third jerseys, yeah that's almost completely about sales.

As for making changes, I'm completely ok with that because I think it's most important to get it right. Most teams did something new when the Reebok ones were rolled out and a lot of them changed not long afterwards, almost all for the better, while other teams stuck with what they were given for worse(and the Ducks kept their best to keep it similar for good reason but was ultimately a mistake that wasn't corrected for 7 years). The Adidas collars are ass on just about every jersey that didn't really change, so I'm very ok if they change to something that works with that. As long as they get it right.

Having said that, it makes a guy wonder if this is even happening. We're apparently slated for a third jersey, which would be a bit weird to drop if they're also coming out with new home and away ones, and that's the only news anyone's really heard. I'm guessing it'll be just a third that they maybe plan on transitioning to in the future.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
That jersey is awesome. Will never happen though.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Paves the way for the home unis to be orange at some point perhaps?

Definitely a possibility, also possible they just decided not to go through with it now that Philly and Edmonton have orange home jerseys.

Link says there also might be some retro colors, which could be a nice touch or an absolute disaster. If they're committed to sticking with orange and gold I think I'd rather they just keep it to four different colors on the jersey, which is pushing it already.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I have to say, having a third jersey be the same base color as the home isn't very common.

I'm pretty sure the league does not allow teams to completely change two jerseys in one year though.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Hmm, some orange in the box. I still hope we move to orange set with OC patch on the shoulder and a black 3d. But somehow I feel we might be left with the same current set. Which is not that bad actually, but those armpits... I still don`t like them and don`t blame me. It looks like a jawbreaker cut in half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad