Confirmed with Link: Ducks will have orange Jerseys in 2018 - 19

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Really hope we change our mind here, so sick of getting new jerseys every damn year. Gonna just have to accept the fact that not everyone will ever be satisfied with our jerseys.
Just wear some old Selänne jersey always and you'll be fine. Unless you're a collector - then it must suck.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
You'd think more teams would do this if it was a significant money grab. I don't know any other NHL team that changes their uniform more than we do.

they're mimicking our GM... little tweaks here and there. then the occasional big trade in the off-season... and sometimes an unsuspecting acquisition at the trade deadline. LoL

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think it's more of a money grab than anything about trying to please people.

I dunno, they've certainly avoided easy (and completely justified) money grabs like with the Stadium Series and Mighty Ducks uniforms. The last two changes (one forced) are so minor they'd never influence sales, so going with a wholesale change 4 seasons after their last one is a bit odd, I'm not sure it's a pure money grab. Could be that they wanted to do this last time but were skeptical or concerned about a fully orange jersey, which the success of the recent alternate would've eased. If you think of that one as a trial run of sorts, I think it makes the most sense.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It’s becoming a bit of a gimmick. They need to just stick with whatever they pick for the next decade or so

It almost feels like they’re just trying to sell more jerseys

Reactions: Duck Off
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It's funny, we've more or less had the same home jersey for playoff games since 2014, but over the last six seasons there's technically been 5 different ones. I'm not sure I count that a whole lot, though, I doubt people rushed out to get a new one because the laces changed color or because of Adidas' weird new collars.

I know draft time is usually when you see something, but isn't it weird that there's been no actual news that a change might be coming? Does anyone remember how it was in 2014?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's funny, we've more or less had the same home jersey for playoff games since 2014, but over the last six seasons there's technically been 5 different ones. I'm not sure I count that a whole lot, though, I doubt people rushed out to get a new one because the laces changed color or because of Adidas' weird new collars.

I know draft time is usually when you see something, but isn't it weird that there's been no actual news that a change might be coming? Does anyone remember how it was in 2014?

My point is it just doesn't make much sense. They should be trying to build an identity for the team and a big part of that for casual fans is the jersey. I think it's harder to do that when it's changing every few years.

Honestly it is a great ploy to sell jerseys though. I'd love to see the numbers behind it. I'll admit I went out and bought the orange mighty ducks jersey one so I guess I'm part of the problem lol
It's not that big of a deal though, and I'm glad they're going back to the Mighty Ducks logo

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I'm pretty sure there was a list on r/hockey that had all the teams with new 3rds this season and we were one of them. So its probably just an Orange third.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I can't keep up. Anybody got some mockups?

No. Just got that info from Icethetics. The jersey will be unveiled at some point this month I'm sure.

Anaheim Ducks

• Third Jersey: Expected. Ducks debuted an orange third jersey in 2015; that design or something similar is likely.
  • 25th Anniversary: Logo unveiled in December; could be a jersey patch in 2018-19.

ana18-25th.png

JerseyWatch

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah they need to stick with the current black and white H&A sweaters. quit changing things up so often

so it sounds like they're doing away with the current orange 3rd jersey with the MD logo and debuting an entirely new orange third? or are they planning to debut a new orange home sweater?

i personally would hate an orange home sweater

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Carolina and Arizona are unveiling their new kit on the 22nd, which is the draft, so I'm guessing that's when we'll see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad