GDT: Ducks vs. Sharks - 7 PT / 10 ET / 4 CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
What do we do with the goaltending now? Can Murray really send Gibson down?

No. There's gotta be a trade coming. Gibson was re-signed to a contract extension this offseason and has performed exceptionally...I think Andersen will be moved in a package for a top 6 winger

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Really liking Gibson. Looking more and more confident over there. Very impressive. But it was just his 6th game this season so not really sure if it's time to jump the gun. However if there's an offer that gives us a top 6 LW, then by all means I'm fine with riding Gibson.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Gibson has go show he can stay healthy even. Andersen getting traded is scary.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Can't believe they won consecutive 1-0 games against SJ, but I'll take it. Another good game overall, Gibson is stealing the net if he keeps this up. They generated better chances tonight, particularly later in the game when the penalty parade settled down, but it only further highlights how desperately this squad needs finishers.

Good game from Bieksa and Getzlaf, two of the biggest goats held their own tonight give or take.

Nate hasn't missed a step, looked great.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Nate is getting to pahlsson love territory for me. I miss the pahlsson is god Microsoft paint avatars.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Gibson with another shutout. Like I said Gibson > Andersen and I've said that since Gibson played his first game. Just like I said Andersen > Hiller.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
With the exception of some stupid plays *cough*Getzlaf*cough* this was probably the best 60 minute effort I've seen from the team all season against a quality opponent.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We've seen this story before. Gibson has to show that he can sustain this. Till then, it needs to be Gibson/Andersen.

A gamble has to be taken at some point if we want to be serious about contending. Unless you want to see Theodore or Ritchie moved for upgrades to the current roster

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
They finished that game...for probably the first time all season.

Gibson looks to be gaining more confidence, the top line was dangerous, and that third line was flying tonight.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Trading away Andersen doesn't make us serious about contending. It means we'll be relying on Khudobin at some point.

I understand but also feel standing pat with what we have currently at forward is a recipe for mediocrity

And I'm higher on gibson than you are I think

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
A gamble has to be taken at some point if we want to be serious about contending. Unless you want to see Theodore or Ritchie moved for upgrades to the current roster

I'm not invested in Theodore replacing Vatanen. I don't care if we trade Theo for a comparable young forward.

Gibson's health is a question, and we're at a point where having to rely on Dobby for even five games could ruin the season.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I understand but also feel standing pat with what we have currently at forward is a recipe for mediocrity

And I'm higher on gibson than you are I think

I agree, but getting an actual top 6er and not just another Stewart/Heatley/Penner retread will mean one of our better prospects, not Andersen. And I like Gibson's upside a lot, just not his durability.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not invested in Theodore replacing Vatanen. I don't care if we trade Theo for a comparable young forward.

Gibson's health is a question, and we're at a point where having to rely on Dobby for even five games could ruin the season.

I definitely agree with you there!

Just not sure Murray sees it that way is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad