GDT: Ducks vs Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Marty had his Iconic mask and then the Cursed MB30. I get both were simple, but I feel like the Devils goalies are missing the opportunity to do some cool stuff with a “Devils” goalie mask. (Blackwood leaves here a does a demonic Shark mask.)

Best two mask.

Broduer’s non-MB30 masks, for obvious reasons.

Clemmensen had the most fun mask. (Schwab had a cool mask, but it looked more like a bird than a Devil.)

I did like Vitek’s tribute mask but he started going down hill after he donned it. Therefore Eric Comrie’s tribute mask wins out.
You’re forgetting one of the best ever

IMG_7667.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Needs more Kinkaid.

I originally planned for Kinkaid to be part of this, but I thought the post was already more than long enough.

I thought about Gillies and Domingue, just because both were terribly bad here, but both were only here very short term.

Burke was another one I wanted to sneak in, but I ultimately decided to just stick with the four goalies. The first two being the most popular goalies/biggest names we had here. Chico is by all rights the second biggest goalie we’ve ever had here. He had a very successful career as an Islander before he got sent to the Rockies. And as short as 5 years was, that’s still our second or third longest tenure for a starting goaltender in the organization. With Cory being the other that isn’t Marty. Terreri was here for longer than anyone that wasn’t Marty, but he was a 1a/b and backup for longer than anything.

Marty for obvious reasons and then the two “Failed heirs” of Marty since his departure as a player.

Not that Cory was a failure here by any means, but between the fact that we wasted his good years here with a really bad/rebuilding team he just won’t go down being as successful of a story as he should have been here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Marty had his Iconic mask and then the Cursed MB30. I get both were simple, but I feel like the Devils goalies are missing the opportunity to do some cool stuff with a “Devils” goalie mask. (Blackwood leaves here a does a demonic Shark mask.)

Best two mask.

Broduer’s non-MB30 masks, for obvious reasons.

Clemmensen had the most fun mask. (Schwab had a cool mask, but it looked more like a bird than a Devil.)

I did like Vitek’s tribute mask but he started going down hill after he donned it. Therefore Eric Comrie’s tribute mask wins out.
Clemmensen definitely had a sweet mask here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m not sure which Bleed I am talking to right now

IMG_1794.jpeg
He’s very sick and needs help.

I expect the NJD to come out and be hungover from the emotional win in C-Bus last night. I think they’ll deliver another rough one at home like the many duds performed in front of our home fans this year.

And the Ducks will get their only win of this road trip after the Rags spanked them and NYb beat them on this trip.

Gibson is still an excellent netminder, though not quite on Mrazek’s level.

3-1 ANH

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
We haven’t been great at back to back games. That needs to stop now. No reason to lose to this team. Unfortunately, there all big games from here on. Go Devils!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
View attachment 785144
He’s very sick and needs help.

I expect the NJD to come out and be hungover from the emotional win in C-Bus last night. I think they’ll deliver another rough one at home like the many duds performed in front of our home fans this year.

And the Ducks will get their only win of this road trip after the Rags spanked them and NYb beat them on this trip.

Gibson is still an excellent netminder, though not quite on Mrazek’s level.

3-1 ANH
DD, I’ve heard that the Ducks are going to leave Gibson in NJ after tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You’re forgetting one of the best ever

View attachment 785138
It’s so weird seeing Terreri in his playing days in 2023.

It didn’t feel like this when he played in the 90s, but he looks about the size of a JV high school goalie by today’s standards.

Him and goalies of his size and stature were really starting to look like relics by the late 90s though.

The size difference was very noticeable going from Burke to Terreri game to game back then though.

Burke was mostly a big, useless oaf for the Devils though, after that 1988 run when he was a rookie.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It’s so weird seeing Terreri in his playing days in 2023.

It didn’t feel like this when he played in the 90s, but he looks about the size of a JV high school goalie by today’s standards.

Him and goalies of his size and stature were really starting to look like relics by the late 90s though.

The size difference was very noticeable going from Burke to Terreri game to game back then though.

Burke was mostly a big, useless oaf for the Devils though, after that 1988 run when he was a rookie.
I will always remember him and Chris Osgood for that goofy old school mask. Some great hockey memories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad