GDT: Ducks vs Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
If dougie isn't good to go for the playoffs, they need another body, just to stabilize/provide some depth if Bahl sucks or Miller sucks or anybody gets hurt. Smith isn't enough.

If Dougie IS good to go, I'd still prefer to have an insurance policy or just a Bahl upgrade, tbh.
And I suspect we will see a downward trend in play from Nemec and Luke. They have never been through the grind of a full NHL schedule

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
And I suspect we will see a downward trend in play from Nemec and Luke. They have never been through the grind of a full NHL schedule
Yeah, We should have a defenseman that lets our young guys have some extra nights off in 3 in 4s etc late in the season.

I'm sure the team thinks that's Smith, but it's emphatically not.

CALL UP MISYUL

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
it’s not necessarily luck if he’s not covering his man and they’re getting easy wide open shots in front that are harder to stop, which is backed up by the eye test
It’s definitely largely luck. Career .922 on ice SV%, never below .900 (actually .895 one year). Still, clearly won’t end the season nearly that low.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I'm in the same position I was a few weeks back when a lot of people were in panic mode. Still confident that they'll make the playoffs, but there's going to be some rough games thrown in. Especially now with Dougie out and the defense being as inexperienced as they are.

I think this team will finish 2nd or 3rd in the metro based on talent alone, but I'm skeptical of how the defense will perform come April. They can add to the backend at the deadline and sit one of Nemec/Hughes (likely Nemec) or they can roll with what they have and just accept that growing pains will be part of it. I have my doubts about them making a deep postseason run with this current defense minus Dougie though.
I’d definitely keep playing Nemec/Luke, they’ve been awesome imo. There’s gonna be some rookie mistakes but it’s not like our other D-men don’t make mistakes. I’d sit Bahl/Miller (even though I think Miller has been good) before them.

Other than that I agree. The group is still maturing and there’ll be some growing pains. This isn’t their final version. Future is still bright in my eyes.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Hnestly it might happen and it’d be normal. I’m stoked that they’re playing awesome for their age and it bodes very well for us moving forward, but they shouldn’t have to carry this D-core at their age.

Last edited:

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Yeah, We should have a defenseman that lets our young guys have some extra nights off in 3 in 4s etc late in the season.

I'm sure the team thinks that's Smith, but it's emphatically not.

CALL UP MISYUL
Thought about that....Maybe later call up on year or do they want him to marinate down there the whole year not sure.....He stands out when you see him play....

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It won’t be a good thing when they’re on the outs because they consistently drop games to botton feeders

Then so be it, I'm just saying they elevate their game when they know they're playing a good team. There's no other reason why you drop games to the Sharks, CBJ, Ducks then have good games v NYR and come back and beat Boston, Canucks on the road and Flyers (yes, they're a good team this year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad