GDT: Ducks vs. Bruins: 7:00 PM Honda Center

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I've accepted that this is who Vatanen is. He is gonna give up some chances, but he is so dangerous offensively.

Karlssonesque.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I was jumping back and forth between the stream which was NESN and my TV and my lord Boston's guys are insufferable. A Bruin could land the most standard of checks and it would start a whole dialogue about how the player who threw it is a force to be reckoned with physically. Like shut the **** up already.

It's no wonder Boston fans think their team is the best thing since sliced bread.

Haha. Jack Edwards is horrible but Andy Brickley is a great color guy. When I first moved to Boston Edwards would give me headaches. After a few seasons it's just become comedy.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I've been high on Manson all season and this was probably his worst game. As someone mentioned earlier he definitely looked like a rookie tonight. Even during a bad game, still shows signs of his potential with great plays. Love that save at the end. Also love that he was going at it with Lucic a little. Lucic seemed to be targeting him early with hits.

Worst? I actually thought it was one of his better games. He was definitely worse in the Calgary game. All in all I'm loving his progress. :nod:

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
You've seriously never heard Jack Edwards before? He does great work on play by play, but he's the worst homer in the game by a substantial margin. You're lucky there wasn't an actual fight. The Bruin could be knocked out on the ice and he'd be gushing about how they handled the opponent. :laugh:

Honestly, I think Paul Steigerwald is now the biggest homer. Hearing him and Bob Errey call Penguins games makes the antics/whining of Crosby and the Penguins all the more insufferable.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Guy Hebert and Brian Hayward on the Ducks' feed. Why is it always the mediocre goalies who become announcers?

4pPT6B4.png

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Had a nice assist, had a few long range shots. Make a couple of questionable decisions in the offensive zone. Overall pretty good.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Only managed to see the 3rd period thanks to the bartender not knowing how to competently change channels once Monday Night Football was over, but damn. Hell of an entertaining show.

#21...Beleskey? Made some unreal moves around the goal. Just walked the Bruins' d a couple of times.

Your goalie was unreal. Friend of mine at work took Gibson as his goalie in our pool...got the wrong one. You guys are set in goal for the next decade, easy.

17 vs 17...was waiting for Kes to start spearing Lucic just for the hell of it. :laugh:

Very entertaining. Great show. Great hockey.

Kudos, Ducks.

Also, noticed Guy Hebert and Brian Hayward on the Ducks' feed. Why is it always the mediocre goalies who become announcers?

Watch what the **** you say about Hebert.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hope_Smoke retweeted
Justin Bourne ‏@jtbourne 9h9 hours ago
The Ducks might be what the Bruins picture when they think of themselves. Heavy, talented team that nobody really enjoys playing.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I thought Brewer played a decent game. Sure, he had his fair share of mistakes but for the most part he was consistent. Clark was lost nearly the entire game. Hopefully one (or more) of our defensive mainstays returns soon.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I thought Brewer played a decent game. Sure, he had his fair share of mistakes but for the most part he was consistent. Clark was lost nearly the entire game. Hopefully one (or more) of our defensive mainstays returns soon.

Lovejoy seems to be 2-3 weeks away iirc. Actaully if he comes back, we have

Fowler-Lovejoy
Brewer-Vatanen
Lindholm-Manson

which is not THAT bad.

Stoner and Fistric should be back soon but i`m not sure they`d get a spot there, however because of the too much amount of players i guess Manson will be sent down.

Have no idea about Beauch when he`s back, bet when he do and hopefully everyone else`ll be too we have:

Fowler-Lovejoy
Lindholm-Beauchemin
Brewer-Vatanen
Stoner
Fistric

Manson in AHL for polishing

Still too many defensemen.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
At that goal, Vatanen skated up again beautifully almost alâ Paul Coffey. Finally it lead to a goal straight from the rush. Reason for it was he didin't give the scoring responsibility away for some one else like he usually does in Ducks. Yes he gave the puck again, but this time continued rushing straight to the net and wanted to score it himself. He hadn't shot or route to net available for him alone, so it was good give and go.

Hope he finally gets he's confidence right. I have seen him coasting the puck up many times, then passing it to some one else for no apparent reason, when he could've taken nice shot himself from solid position. Hes confidence has been "ok" but still not near where it can be with this kid. We need to see some of those "skate the puck up, then slapshot or give and go" -things.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Honestly, I think Paul Steigerwald is now the biggest homer. Hearing him and Bob Errey call Penguins games makes the antics/whining of Crosby and the Penguins all the more insufferable.

Speaking as a Penguins fan I can verify that Steigerwald and Errey are huge homers and also clueless approximately 50% of the time. I mean Errey knows the game because he played but Steigerwald is a walking, talking attrocity. Just a lousy PBP guy, spewing out the most random and inane **** you can think of, meantime missing half of the important stuff going on in the game.

He absolutely sucks but unlike Edwards he's not funny (even unintentionally) when he sucks. More likely you will want to bash his head in with a cinderblock.

Although I will say Errey sometimes blurts something that is so off-the-wall you cannot help but laugh. The other 77 games he makes you want to grab an XM box and mute the TV audio. They both especially love to polish Fleury's proverbial knob, with every pretty good save being "absolutely incredible... blah blah blah". First class morons.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
best players on the ice for us were Andersen and Vatanen.

I thought DSP had a solid game at center as well. I hope BB gives it a few more games.

I think Palmieri and Kesler are solid together, but having Bourque on the wing is awful. I'm not sure why Maroon keeps being taken off the 2nd line. IMO, if BB doesn't see Maroon as a top 6 winger, then we definitely need to trade for one. Bourque is terrible.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Liked what I saw from Brewer, his hockey intelligence and poise with the duck definitely seems higher than Allen. Maybe misplayed the 2nd goal, but I think Sami/rest of defense is more at fault.

Vatanen is both our best and worst defenseman at times. Can do such amazing stuff, but can look terrible when teams getting us pinned in our zone for more than 30 seconds.

Though DSP's line was our best and Thompson's line was #2. Though Perry had a rough night, but liked the effort. Getzlaf line got a goal but though they didn't look good. Kessler line I thought looked very bad except for 1 or 2 shifts in the 3rd. Bourque was useless except for 1 big hit.

Can't wait for Matt Clark to be sent down the minors. Manson makes mistakes but I think he will be better with less ice time and looks much better than Clark.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
I thought the 2nd goal against was DSP's guy... Though Brewer and Vats did do a little of an Oiler defense there, it was the third guy coming down that scored (Gagne)

Vats was epic on his goal. Skate to stick was sick.

I feel like Brewer is an incredible upgrade over Allen. He positions himself better in tough situations, and he is decent at buying time for teammates to get open when he has the puck. (at least from what I saw while looking up from writing my paper)

Getzlaf will randomly turn the puck over on the PP and it kills me a little each time.

This game was pretty gentlemanly, which was nice to see. Hard work from both teams. AND there were no huge misplays by the refs for once. (maybe the refs were really biased toward the Ducks and I just didn't notice)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad