GDT: Ducks visit Blue Jackets 7 PM ET on 10 - 11 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
grinded out that win....not pretty, but found a way....thought we did a little better tonight in our own end, still need to create offense

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I can't believe they won that, but good road game. Feels like a game that would've gotten out of hand last year. Hope Steel is nearing a return; really need some more creativity up front.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I doubt it. He doesn’t look comfortable and probably won’t ever be healthy again. He’ll be 36 by the end of that contract with a ton of miles on him
I guess it depends... i agree that he looks off, at the same time he wont be needed to ride him like we have in the past, which may allow him to stick around longer.

I hope eakins notices and gives him the occasional night off

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don`t think Getz was as bad as some said. He wasn`t engaged in some moments tho but he did not fall out of the picture

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I guess it depends... i agree that he looks off, at the same time he wont be needed to ride him like we have in the past, which may allow him to stick around longer.

I hope eakins notices and gives him the occasional night off

He's currently getting the easiest workload he's had in 12 years and yet he refuses to move his feet or stop making blind passes to no one. He looks disinterested bordering on flat out lazy.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
The simple, stupidly obvious plan of "keep the front of the net covered" is working well for the defense.

I don't know what I'm supposed to like about Comtois as an NHL player in 2019. As a prospect for two years from now? I see it. Right now? What does he do that I'm supposed to like?

Rakell is more reliable defensively than offensively at this point. I like him on the PK.

The defense had a good night but I'd still prefer Guhle over Larsson or DZ.

I don't wanna hammer home the Getzlaf thing. I'm just glad I'm not out on a limb anymore with that one troll guy like after game one, people are starting to realize how bad it is.

I just need to cut and paste "Troy Terry made some nice plays, but none of them resulted in goals" so I don't have to keep typing it out, same as last season.

Grant being our C has morphed from meme to actuality.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
getzlaf's definitely lost a step. all that mileage on his legs has finally caught up to him

no surprise really

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He's currently getting the easiest workload he's had in 12 years and yet he refuses to move his feet or stop making blind passes to no one. He looks disinterested bordering on flat out lazy.
and hes getting paid what 9 mil? And i assume hed get 3-5 on a 1 year to do that.

Sounds good to me

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota

I don't think I'd go that far. I don't question his effort. He looks old and hurt. There's a point where your legs stop working. He's "only" 34, but it's been a hard career of hard minutes since he was only 20, and he's had multiple injuries the last few years.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad