Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Heatley (1 year, 1m)

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
From what few games I've seen of Heatley the past year, I feel like he has the hands of Teemu of say ~3 years ago and the legs of Bonino ~3 years ago. Not a great combination.

Oct 18, 2011
i want to see him play as a PF, if heatley wants to prolong his career he needs to play like he's 6'4 220 and not float on the outside. stand in front of the net and so on.

if he plays soft there is no reason to play him, i do think it's funny we signed him to a penner like deal, when penner's mobility is alot better

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Guy hasn't played one game for Ducks he's already liability and Bob is already giving him multi year contract.

i want to see him play as a PF, if heatley wants to prolong his career he needs to play like he's 6'4 220 and not float on the outside. stand in front of the net and so on.

if he plays soft there is no reason to play him, i do think it's funny we signed him to a penner like deal, when penner's mobility is alot better
He wasn't signed to play PF, and BM knows he can't play that role. He was signed to provide goal scoring. Also, Penner's mobility is a lot better? Hardly.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
heatley is 6'4, he should not be playing soft

and yes penner last year had more mobility than heatley.

And he's never been a power forward. Why would that change?

Not to mention you're ignoring one big thing: if his legs are gone, what makes you think he'd even be able to play that strong? Where do you think your power comes from on the ice? It's legs and core.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
And he's never been a power forward. Why would that change?

Not to mention you're ignoring one big thing: if his legs are gone, what makes you think he'd even be able to play that strong? Where do you think your power comes from on the ice? It's legs and core.

Not to mention that really won't prolong his career - at all. At this point, it could end it very quickly. He was signed to play the way he's played his whole career, even if it is at a much slowed-down pace (production wise).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad