GDT: Ducks @ Red Wings - 1/23/2016 7pm - CITY, PRIME, FS-SD, FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Glad I am not in attendance... Would be really contemplating throwing something on there and leaving.

I am not sure why you let an official that has trashed the city ref games there.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I take it you missed the 2007 series against these guys :laugh:

This is a worthy successor to those six games though. What a joke. Feel like I'm watching wrestling.

Wasn't it the holmstrom call that gave Anaheim the cup when the goalie punched him in the back?

f1seb

Apr 7, 2007
Well while snowed it, I can get back to doing more important things than watching this trash show. Like doing nothing.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
This game isn't on the officiating, it's on the poor play of the Wings. The defense has been poor, the PP non existent and the goaltending subpar.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Wasn't it the holmstrom call that gave Anaheim the cup when the goalie punched him in the back?

No, it was Datsyuk getting called for interference with Game 5 on the line for brushing past Andy McDonald, who went down like a ton of bricks. This after the Ducks' primary defensive strategy from the drop of the puck in Game 1 was to grab, maul and tackle guys behind the play on dump-ins and up-ice transitions. After they scored the GWG in Game 2 by pitchforking Hasek into the net when the puck was underneath him. After five games of Pronger being Pronger. That light contact just HAD to be called. (That was a Dan O'Halloran special too, by the way.) Then Niedermayer scored a goal off a lucky bounce to tie, and Andreas Lilja eventually finished off what had been the game of his life with one huge mistake, handing the game to Selanne.

I am not sure why you let an official that has trashed the city ref games there.

I can see giving him the benefit of the doubt at first, but after years and years of jerking this team around, it's well past time for him to be barred from these games.

Unfortunately, I agree we'd probably be losing regardless, as the Wings are not playing well.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Agree with that and Howard has given away even more playing time. He is going to sit a lot down the stretch.

Can't help but kinda feel bad for the guy in a way. Totally got hung out to dry a pile of times.

There's a noticeable difference between him and Mrazek at this point though, yeah.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We will lose all our home games this month. Lol Goin for that losing streak record for sure now.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Can't help but kinda feel bad for the guy in a way. Totally got hung out to dry a pile of times.

There's a noticeable difference between him and Mrazek at this point though, yeah.

I have long defended Howard, thought he was a top 10 goalie for quite a while. Eventually you have to put aside the excuses and just stop the puck and not only is he not doing it often enough, the guy behind him is doing it much better.

This team should be a meritocracy. Cleary made it clear it wasn't but a man can hope.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I have long defended Howard, thought he was a top 10 goalie for quite a while. Eventually you have to put aside the excuses and just stop the puck and not only is he not doing it often enough, the guy behind him is doing it much better.

This team should be a meritocracy. Cleary made it clear it wasn't but a man can hope.

Well Howard is going to have to play some games, like it or not. Also can't expect a goalie to win every game for you eother, regardless of the starlndsrd Mrazek has set for himself.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
WTF was that ****? Z gets pushed into Gibson.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Howard is better than he's playing. It's on Blashill for not giving more playing time. For Howards sake I hope he's traded. He deserves to be starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad