3. Perreault (52)
4. Tracey
5. Dostal
6. Lacombe
7. Colangelo
8. Thrun
9. Groulx
10. Moore

Not gonna lie, I completely forgot about his existence until this post.

Reactions: Getz2noone

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Hasn’t been good at all

I was gonna say, unless he had a breakout that I was unaware of, he should be comfortably behind the last three guys on the list and I could think of 2-3 others off the top of my head (McLaughlin, OEE, Benoit, even Axel Andersson) that I’d have in front of him, too

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Colangelo had a rough "season" because of a couple minor injuries and his conference/team was beset with Covid issues. It was a very hard time trying to adjust to the college level (he only played eight games). I expect a much easier time next year.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Ottawa
NYR
LA

All 3 are years ahead in their rebuild so that is to be expected.
They have all had lottery picks too which goes a long way. Hopefully we get a lottery pick or two in the coming drafts.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Not gonna lie, in the 2nd round with Grans, Peterka and Wallinder being gone, i prefered them picking Borderleau or Mysak.

Bordeleau for sure... I liked Draft Dynasty’s evaluation. He might not have 1st line upside but he plays a mature game and can be a great 2nd line guy on a good team. Unfortunately the Ducks are scared of selecting skilled small players under 5’11, and like getting guys from the Steel. Colangelo might have size but he doesn’t play big. I rather go for high skilled players and real tough guys/role players instead of tweeners...

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Tracey scored a goal tonight, but was -3 and lost. His team stinks.

When Victoria traded for Tracey, they were a very good defensive team that needed offense. Victoria gave up a lot of assets for Tracey.

Today I started digging into Victoria's recent history, trying to find a player who didn't want to come back to play for Victoria, but couldn't find the article. Instead, I found out that during the off-season, Victoria traded away its 3rd best scorer in LW Kaid Oliver and its fifth best scorer in D Mitchell Prowse. LW Oliver was traded for D Alexander (picks in trade, of course), but Alexander hasn't played a game this year. Oliver has 16 points in 14 games. D Prowse was traded for F Dorrington (picks involved, of course). Dorrington has 0 points in 10 games and Prowse has 3 points in 13 games.

Damn, that's a lot of changes. The trades were made to get players who have an extra year to play in the WHL and picks. And since the construction of the team was mostly defensive before Tracey got there, the lack of offense become even more exposed when there's no defense there to hold. Guess 2019-20 what Victoria going all in with Tracey for the playoffs, but COVID happened and no playoffs. Now, the Royals are going through a rebuild on a team that has even less talent. I didn't realize this happened as I was expecting Tracey to lead mostly the same team next year.

Kinda feel bad for Tracey because in his sophomore year, his Moose Jaw team lacked talent, but they were constructed to be a scoring team with no defense. This year, Victoria lacks talent, but they were constructed to be a defensive team with little offense. Tracey has 12 points in 10 games and -4 rating. He leads the team in scoring. Only one player on the team has a positive +/- rating, but he missed two games as well.

On the plus side, Tracey has over a 1 point per game rate on a team without talent. Tracey had that at the beginning of last season with Moose Jaw before he was traded to Victoria. With Victoria last year, he was under a point per game, but lead Victoria in scoring rate. Tracey has scoring talent and proves he was not a passenger in his rookie season in the WHL. Still, I kinda wanted more from Tracey this year after putting on an additional 20 pounds... but when your team is bad you are stifled as there's only so much you can do.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
When Victoria traded for Tracey, they were a very good defensive team that needed offense. Victoria gave up a lot of assets for Tracey.

Today I started digging into Victoria's recent history, trying to find a player who didn't want to come back to play for Victoria, but couldn't find the article. Instead, I found out that during the off-season, Victoria traded away its 3rd best scorer in LW Kaid Oliver and its fifth best scorer in D Mitchell Prowse. LW Oliver was traded for D Alexander (picks in trade, of course), but Alexander hasn't played a game this year. Oliver has 16 points in 14 games. D Prowse was traded for F Dorrington (picks involved, of course). Dorrington has 0 points in 10 games and Prowse has 3 points in 13 games.

Damn, that's a lot of changes. The trades were made to get players who have an extra year to play in the WHL and picks. And since the construction of the team was mostly defensive before Tracey got there, the lack of offense become even more exposed when there's no defense there to hold. Guess 2019-20 what Victoria going all in with Tracey for the playoffs, but COVID happened and no playoffs. Now, the Royals are going through a rebuild on a team that has even less talent. I didn't realize this happened as I was expecting Tracey to lead mostly the same team next year.

Kinda feel bad for Tracey because in his sophomore year, his Moose Jaw team lacked talent, but they were constructed to be a scoring team with no defense. This year, Victoria lacks talent, but they were constructed to be a defensive team with little offense. Tracey has 12 points in 10 games and -4 rating. He leads the team in scoring. Only one player on the team has a positive +/- rating, but he missed two games as well.

On the plus side, Tracey has over a 1 point per game rate on a team without talent. Tracey had that at the beginning of last season with Moose Jaw before he was traded to Victoria. With Victoria last year, he was under a point per game, but lead Victoria in scoring rate. Tracey has scoring talent and proves he was not a passenger in his rookie season in the WHL. Still, I kinda wanted more from Tracey this year after putting on an additional 20 pounds... but when your team is bad you are stifled as there's only so much you can do.

The best you can say about Tracey is that he is a very long term project. Personally I don't ever see him as an NHL regular but I hope I'm wrong.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Tracey opens his game with a goal, now has one in three straight. Would like to see more shots on goal from him, but he's producing like he should be.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Tracey opens his game with a goal, now has one in three straight. Would like to see more shots on goal from him, but he's producing like he should be.

He has scored goals in the opening period for three straight games on the PP. His team sucks at ES. Opposing teams probably game plan for Tracey, seeing he's the biggest threat. Plus side is at least he can produce on the PP! Could be helpful for a team that can't score on the PP. Unfortunately, Tracey may be two years away from NHL material.

Reactions: Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Tracey scored two more assists tonight and both on the PP, in yet another losing game. In 13 games, Tracey leads his team in points and goals with 8 goals + 8 assists = 16 points. Tracey does most of his damage on the PP with 6 PPG and 4 PPA.

Victoria is 1-11-1, with a current 8 game losing streak. They're just a sad team that traded off key players during the off-season. Poor, Tracey. Out of the fire in Moose Jaw last year and into the frying pan in Victoria this season.

Reactions: Static

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I definitely see a path to the NHL for Tracey. There will be bumps and it’ll take time but he might just have enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad