Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Are we going to sign Blake McLaughlin

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I definitely see a path to the NHL for Tracey. There will be bumps and it’ll take time but he might just have enough.

Here's a highlight of Victoria's last game. Tracey had two assists, one them a primary assist. His primary assists is a beaut of a pass! But it's the next highlight after that play in the video that made me replay that segment. Tracey definitely has some skills with that puck!

In the next video, you can see Tracey's one-timer on the PP. No need to watch the rest.

Another PP goal for Tracey, but it's not a one-timer. This goal reminds me of Perry's hands.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
The USHL regular season finished yesterday, here are our prospects' final stats:

D Henry Thrun (DBQ): 24GP 8G 13A +4
D Ian Moore (CHI): 45GP 10G 14A +22

Thrun and Moore will meet in the first round of the USHL playoffs, as Chicago ran away with the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference while Dubuque grabbed the #4 seed. The series will only be a best of 3, and it will begin on Friday, April 30.

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Now 10+8 in 17 games. Not familiar much with this league, but he is 10th in goals scored and seven of the players above him are older.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Now 10+8 in 17 games. Not familiar much with this league, but he is 10th in goals scored and seven of the players above him are older.

To add to this: BCHL seems to be the top juniors league for players who plan on playing college. Obviously, the NCAA recognizes the CHL as "pro", so if bowen played in one of those leagues he wouldn't be able to play in college. No idea where/if he has declared. Only three players were drafted out of the BCHL in 2020.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
To add to this: BCHL seems to be the top juniors league for players who plan on playing college. Obviously, the NCAA recognizes the CHL as "pro", so if bowen played in one of those leagues he wouldn't be able to play in college. No idea where/if he has declared. Only three players were drafted out of the BCHL in 2020.

Headed to North Dakota next fall IIRC.

He’s an interesting prospect from what I’ve read. Probably would have gone higher last year if he didn’t break his wrist. Needs to bulk up and improve his skating, but he’s a wild card as a long-term project

Reactions: Static
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The USHL regular season finished yesterday, here are our prospects' final stats:

D Henry Thrun (DBQ): 24GP 8G 13A +4
D Ian Moore (CHI): 45GP 10G 14A +22

Thrun and Moore will meet in the first round of the USHL playoffs, as Chicago ran away with the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference while Dubuque grabbed the #4 seed. The series will only be a best of 3, and it will begin on Friday, April 30.
Thrun's season is over, Moore moves on after Chicago beat Dubuque 2 games to none. Thrun was pointless, Moore had an assist in the series. Chicago plays Muskegon beginning Friday, another best-of-three.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Starting 5 prospects who do you pick

If you are feeling down about this season, just sit back and enjoy watching at least one (often two) of our prospects pop up in every list.

I was shocked to find that Byram has 19 NHL games with only 2 points scored, both assists. Drysdale has 21 games under his belt, but has 7 points (3g, 4a). Drysdale averages a couple more minutes per game than Byram. Drysdale is doing this a year younger than Byram?! Now I feel really spoiled.

Reactions: lwvs84

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I was shocked to find that Byram has 19 NHL games with only 2 points scored, both assists. Drysdale has 21 games under his belt, but has 7 points (3g, 4a). Drysdale averages a couple more minutes per game than Byram. Drysdale is doing this a year younger than Byram?! Now I feel really spoiled.
Avalanche D also more stacked then ours

Reactions: Kalv and JabbaJabba

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Avalanche D also more stacked then ours

Yeah, Byram is probably playing Drysdale's role as he's the newbie, but their D has been given the green light to go, go, go. When we played them missing a lot of players, they were still buzzing around as if the usual starters where there. Being on a stacked team should make Byram perform better in a sheltered form.

Still, what Drysdale is doing is pretty impressive. We've seen Drysdale start to struggle after a few games in, but he's still out there pushing himself on a bad team. That's probably why so many poster have him on their blue line over Byram.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Flip side is, so are the forwards he's playing with. Byram gets more playing time with legitimate start players than Drysdale. He may not get the same minutes or opportunities, but 30 seconds on an Avs PP is better than 30 minutes on the Ducks.

He doesn't get the prime offensive minutes though. Makar and Girard eat almost all of those up. Byram also dealt with COVID and a concussion. I love Drysdale but I could easily see Byram being just as productive offensively in the long run. He definitely is a bigger risk taker.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
one of the things I've been surprised by with Drysdale is just how responsible defensively he is. There is still plenty of room for him to throttle it up a bit while still being responsible.

Reactions: 405Entrance

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
He doesn't get the prime offensive minutes though. Makar and Girard eat almost all of those up. Byram also dealt with COVID and a concussion. I love Drysdale but I could easily see Byram being just as productive offensively in the long run. He definitely is a bigger risk taker.

I'm not saying he's Byram isn't better and doesn't get the same minutes that Drysdale gets, just that his limited minutes are with significantly better players which closes some of that gap in minutes. It's likely going to take a few more years to really say who is better between the two. As long as Drysdale can be a top pair D, I'll be happy.

Reactions: Kalv

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Does anyone else find it odd that while Perreault has had his fair share of success in the AHL he hasn’t really been getting goals or even really many shots on goal. Bit odd considering he was marketed as one of the premier sniper talents from last draft, usually ranked with often a top 5 shot in the class

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Does anyone else find it odd that while Perreault has had his fair share of success in the AHL he hasn’t really been getting goals or even really many shots on goal. Bit odd considering he was marketed as one of the premier sniper talents from last draft, usually ranked with often a top 5 shot in the class
It's much harder for a junior player to get to the middle of the ice for prime scoring chances against pros. As he grows and adapts as he ages I'm sure that will change.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Victoria has 3 more games this season in the WHL. They are currently 2-15-2, I’m sure Tracey is excited for that to come to an end.

Reactions: Kalv

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
It's much harder for a junior player to get to the middle of the ice for prime scoring chances against pros. As he grows and adapts as he ages I'm sure that will change.
That’s part of what I figured it was, presuming he goes back to junior next year he could practice bullying his way to the front of the net there

Reactions: Static

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Victoria has 3 more games this season in the WHL. They are currently 2-15-2, I’m sure Tracey is excited for that to come to an end.
Can we get Tracey into AHL next season? He needs to get off that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->