Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I could see it being pretty debatable tbh... I prefer steel but I can see a case for having terry as 2.... could also see a case for comtois being #2.

I’m being a smartass because we’ve had lots of arguments over him adamantly thinking Terry is better haha.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Seems like it’s about time for the annual prospect rankings, if nobody else wants to do them I can start them up over the next day or two?
This will be one of the most fun rankings we’ve ever had I think. So much depth, even going way down the list to guys like Morand and Perbix

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This will be one of the most fun rankings we’ve ever had I think. So much depth, even going way down the list to guys like Morand and Perbix
Agreed... I feel like zegras is prob #1.... after that I see the voting going all over the place.... idk that there is a clear cut 2-5 between steel/lundy/terry/comtois... more preference based.... and then after that it gets even worse.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Agreed... I feel like zegras is prob #1.... after that I see the voting going all over the place.... idk that there is a clear cut 2-5 between steel/lundy/terry/comtois... more preference based.... and then after that it gets even worse.

So, according to you it's:

1: Zegras

2-5: Steel, Lundy, Terry, and Comtois

So who's left?

G Dostal (I'm surprised he's not a top-5 prospect.)
D Larsson (He's probably going to graduate this year and played regular minutes at the NHL level already from #4 - 6 defenseman.)
D Guhle (Beats me. Loads of speed is all I know about him.)
F Jones (He's a speedy skater that does a lot of little things. Scoring hasn't translated to the NHL just yet to a high production.)
F Tracey (He's got high end potential, but still an unknown quantity due to lack of history.)
D LaCombe (He's also got high end potential, but still an unknown quantity due to weaker competition.)

That's actually a good group after the top-5 prospects you presented. If Zegras is up there due to potential, then Tracey and LaCombe also have that high potential, but lack of history. D Thrun dropped to us at pick 101 (4th round). According to Central Scouting's NA skaters, he was ranked 39th overall (three below LaCombe).

It's going to be an interesting new list for us this off-season and be good to re-visit next off-season to see how the players after the top-5 have produced.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Zegras is the one guy we can all agree is #1 without a Doubt.
I like that having Zegras takes some of the pressure off of Steel & Lundy to be Getzlaf's heir replacement.
I'm thinking of Lundy as future shutdown line center.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
zegras
terry
steel
comtois
lundestrom
tracey
guhle
larsson
jones
mahura
thrun
lacombe
dostal (don't like ranking goalies high because they are so fickle)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean Garrity

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
First game of WJC Summer Showcase begins at 2:30. It's USA White v. USA Blue.
Looking at lineups, on USA White, Zegras is at 2C and Janicke is at 4RW. For USA Blue, McLaughlin is 3LW and LaCombe is on the 4th d-pair (yes, there are 4). I'm not sure if the lines mean much at this stage.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Is there anywhere to watch replay of the full games?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Zegras is that rare type of prospect that it would be disappointing if he didn’t rip up the NCAA in his freshman year. He’s that talented

Reactions: Dmang714
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad