Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
The Gulls have a number of unsigned, but drafted Ducks on ATO's. Olson is one of them. I suspect that he and a number of the other draftees on ATO's will be signed by June 1.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
2 assists so far for Groulx. He's having an awesome game. One of those players that does every little thing right. His skating is also so much better from last season. He's a good one.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wonder if either player will see some AHL time. Not likely but you never know

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I kind of hope not and wouldn't think so. They've had a very long season, might as well give them the time off. Not sure either would be likely to play, anyway.
Agreed, but I won't be too surprised if they sign PTOs and hang out in the locker room for a couple games

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Were you going to comment? @neelynugs

hey, yes, sorry about that. i tried to comment earlier and nothing would populate.

i was curious to hear your thoughts on the current ducks prospects. maybe a top 10 list.
was particularly interested on how you guys see groulx at this point.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
hey, yes, sorry about that. i tried to comment earlier and nothing would populate.

i was curious to hear your thoughts on the current ducks prospects. maybe a top 10 list.
Quick run down, didn't really sort d prospects out other than the 1s I feel have nhl potential.
Top 6 potential prospects:
Steel, Comtois, Terry

Top 9 potential prospects:
Lundestrom, Jones, Groulx

Dmen prospects:
Mahura, Guhle, Drew

Goalies prospects:
Dostal, Ericksson-Ek, Durney

I like groulx personally, his skating has gotten better this year... good shot.. hard working player. He seems to find his weakness and put effort into that area of his game which is nice/good to see. I think he has a lot of characteristics youd want in a bottom 6 player.

Reactions: neelynugs

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Steel
Comtois
Terry
Lundestrom
Guhle
Jones
Larsson
Dostal
Groulx
Mahura

are my top 10

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California

1. Sam Steel
2. Maxime Comtois
3. Troy Terry
4. Isac Lundestrom
5. Max Jones
6. Guhle
7. Jacob Larsson
8. Lukas Dostal
9. Josh Mahura
10. Kiefer Sherwood

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

Comtois
Terry
Steel
Lundestrom
Jones
Larsson
Dostal
McLaughlin
Groulx
Guhle

Had Mahura at 7 previously, but have him closer to 11 now - he could maybe take Guhle's spot at 10 but they are pretty interchangeable I suppose.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Excluding goalies:

Steel
Comtois
Terry
Lundestrom
Jones
Larsson
McLaughlin
Groulx

I see Groulx as having middle 6 potential, probably closer to a third liner but if he can improve his skating more could end up being more than that.

After those 8 it’s all fairly interchangeable - Guhle, Mahura, Morand and others are all in the mix.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
seems like most of you guys are on the same page here. how high are y'all on dostal?
legit #1 upside? haven't seen enough of him.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Haven`t seen him play but he was reportedly saving his Finnish league`s teams ass as a 18 year old and got them into PO`s. He fell off during playoffs though, but IIRC his team was exposed.

Either way - he has very respectable numbers in Liiga, .922 and 1.80 in 10 games. .957 and 1.25 in WJC`s as an underagers - I`m quite excited

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

My list would be something like this:

Comtois
Steel
Terry
Lundestrom
Larsson
Groulx
Jones
Guhle
Dostal
McLaughlin

HM: Benoit, Drew, De Leo, Sherwood

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Just out of curiosity, what makes you have Groulx ranked over Jones?
The difference is negligible at this point but I think Groulx uses his teammates better. I love the assertion in Jones' style of play but it's predictably one dimensional. Groulx's game rounded out in a significant fashion this season and I think there's still room for improvement in his skating and offense.

Reactions: Goose of Reason
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad