Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info ‘21-22 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
I've been trying to talk myself down on having Mintyukov over McTavish so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking that way. He's more boom/bust but I think he has legitimate #1D potential whereas I'm still not 100% sure that McTavish is a first liner in the NHL vs a very good second liner.
I agree, Mintyukov had traits that jump off the screen when you watch him...he's different and he seems like he will do whatever it takes to be great

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
The jury is still out on Hinds IMO. What is everyone seeing about him who watches the Q?

I even asked this same question twice in his prospect thread - but got only one small response

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The jury is still out on Hinds IMO. What is everyone seeing about him who watches the Q?

I even asked this same question twice in his prospect thread - but got only one small response
I have not seen him much but the reports were that he is still very raw with a great frame. Skating and instinct basics are apparently there but he seems to be a project. If he pans out I guess could be a mid-pair two way defenceman. There is not really one or other area that seems to stand out for him. Still long way to go for him ofc.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I have not seen him much but the reports were that he is still very raw with a great frame. Skating and instinct basics are apparently there but he seems to be a project. If he pans out I guess could be a mid-pair two way defenceman. There is not really one or other area that seems to stand out for him. Still long way to go for him ofc.

Hopefully we'll see more of him during these rookie camps coming up. He's an interesting piece.

fact that the Ducks D prospect pool (without Drysdale) is better than like 60% of the leagues overall prospect pools. Lol.

Honestly not counting Drysdale, that would probably be my 'ranking' for the D.

I would switch Warren and Luneau with Helleson and LaCombe.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Hinds has been noticed by team Canada.

Eight Quebecers have received an invitation from Team Canada for the national junior team camp: Tyson Hinds (Gatineau), Tristan Luneau (Gatineau), Zachary Bolduc (Quebec), Nathan Gaucher (Quebec),... (Source)​

That's three Ducks on that invite list in D Hinds, D Luneau, and C Gaucher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad