Roman Josi-Shea Weber

Ryan Ellis-Mattias Ekholm

Barret Jackman-Seth Jones

Last edited:

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
We must sacrifice the duck tomato to the ketchup gods.

ketchup is the only solution to the Ducks' scoring woes.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Is it tonight? Thought it was tomorrow.

It is tomorrow if you live by European time.

PS
Nashvilles defense and Rinne will be a huge test for our weak offense.

PPS
Even with the blowouts vs Arizona etc we are currently 9th in the league in GAA. That is a good stat for once, we are usually at the bottom of the pack there - now we only need that offense to start rolling. Yes, we are dead last in G per game.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Will miss at least the first period of this one (damn central time starts). Hoping time off let them work on a few things. LGD!

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
GDT doesn't even tell us the most important information!!! Will she be in attendance tonight??!? I must know! You know who she is!

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
GDT doesn't even tell us the most important information!!! Will she be in attendance tonight??!? I must know! You know who she is!

Duckaroosky is in Toronto not Nashville. :sarcasm:

Hate 5 p.m. start times. Will listen to Steve Carroll scream over every play until I can get home. Put on the DVR just in case.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Duckaroosky is in Toronto not Nashville. :sarcasm:

Hate 5 p.m. start times. Will listen to Steve Carroll scream over every play until I can get home. Put on the DVR just in case.

Rather hear Carroll scream than Ahlers forget and Brian whine.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006

You guys don't get it do you? Why do you think the signed Gibson already, They are committed to him. Anderson will probably play out his contract and sign somewhere else. Or he might be trade bait. To be honest, Freddy didnt look all that well in his last game. Either did Khobu!!

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Riding the hot hand, I presume. Bruce is in no position to care about getting both guys games, he'll feel the need to play the guy that he feels gives the team the best chance. Not saying I agree or not, since I have only seen the last game (where Dobby was good) and the highlights from the other ones (featuring a couple softies from Freddie).

I'm not sure why so many believe we have a strict starter/backup scenario on our hands. Khudobin is only one year removed from playing a better season than Andersen's best. I'm not saying he should be expected to be better this year, but it also shouldn't be too shocking to see Khudobin earn himself a healthy number of starts beyond the workload of a typical backup.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Haha, oh Bruce, always putting doubt in our goalies' heads.

Poor excuses being made. Any goalie can handle sitting another game after your teammate had a good game and helped a team break a streak. Andersen can handle it mentally, as well. If he couldn't, he'd never hold up in NHL playoffs and we may as well move on. I don't believe in that, whatsoever. Andersen's either going to play himself back or isn't, it's up to him, not Bruce for now. If he kept playing Khudobin, even after bad games or after strong outings from Freddie, then we can talk about Bruce doing something to Freddie's head.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Poor excuses being made. Any goalie can handle sitting another game after your teammate had a good game and helped a team break a streak. Andersen can handle it mentally, as well. If he couldn't, he'd never hold up in NHL playoffs and we may as well move on. I don't believe in that, whatsoever. Andersen's either going to play himself back or isn't, it's up to him, not Bruce for now. If he kept playing Khudobin, even after bad games or after strong outings from Freddie, then we can talk about Bruce doing something to Freddie's head.

I'd agree with you if the guy didn't have a track record of screwing with goalies' heads.

Don't think Freddie hasn't forgotten as well.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I'd agree with you if the guy didn't have a track record of screwing with goalies' heads.
Well, fair enough. I personally think most of that track record is juicy narratives, but we don't need to try to get to the bottom of that. :)

Don't think Freddie hasn't forgotten as well.
I'd hope and think he has. I think Freddie is professional enough to just focus at the job at hand, and trying to do his part to put himself in the position to help the team again when he gets called on. Freddie isn't a guy that's been a starter in this league for years, he should still be able to handle competition like that.

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
Riding the hot hand, I presume. Bruce is in no position to care about getting both guys games, he'll feel the need to play the guy that he feels gives the team the best chance. Not saying I agree or not, since I have only seen the last game (where Dobby was good) and the highlights from the other ones (featuring a couple softies from Freddie).

I'm not sure why so many believe we have a strict starter/backup scenario on our hands. Khudobin is only one year removed from playing a better season than Andersen's best. I'm not saying he should be expected to be better this year, but it also shouldn't be too shocking to see Khudobin earn himself a healthy number of starts beyond the workload of a typical backup.

Anton Khudobin is simply not that great a goalie. We've seen his NHL track record - it says "just okay" - why waste your time with that? Every successful team has a true number one. It's a tried and proven formula. And Khudobin is not going to be that guy. Why mess around with the goalies who can be that guy? Even if you have two good goalies, you need to pick the best one and go with it. Look at where Holtby is now. With Boudreau, that would NEVER have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00