GDT: Ducks @ Pen Guinea

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
We had basically the same exact game last year in March, that one killed a 4 game winning streak. This one a 6 game winning streak. Team just didn't come to play, which can be expected after 3 big wins.

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007
These two clowns Steigerwald and Errey are insufferable. Exceptionally bad.

Even most Pens fans can't stand 'em. I don't mind the homerism too much, since I feel like I'm listening to a fellow enthusiastic Pens fan call the game. But I can see how they can be very annoying... I also get the impression that Steigy is buddies with a lot of the players and goes out of his way to prop them up whenever he can. You should have heard him go on about Scuderi.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
How many was it then?

Gibson is .853 in PIT. It will take years to get a large sample size in that building, but the last two starts should be enough to give Andersen the nod next time. Home town or not.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
just saw the highlights... weirdly I don't blame Gibby THAT much... defense looked horrendous infront of him and were letting way too many breakaways/odd man rushes. Deflections, non stop breakaways/oddman rushes pretty much left Gibby having no chance. Id be pissed at my teammates if I were Gibson

Fowler looked horrendous on highlights I do have to say

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
The good thing about eastern-time zone games is that life sometimes gets in the way. I'm glad I missed this one. Yuck.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
The one positive is that Andersen will be rested for the second half push and the playoffs...
...providing the Ducks' season doesn't end as it started.

John

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Gibson is .853 in PIT. It will take years to get a large sample size in that building, but the last two starts should be enough to give Andersen the nod next time. Home town or not.

Yeah. If that's the case should have went with Freddy. He looked real bad today.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

There may not be a next time for Andersen to get the nod.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Not a good game at all. Defence was some of the worst they played all season. Gibson wasn't great, but when you give up multiple breakaways to the best player in hockey well you're gonna have a bad time.

Gonna have to come out with a big effort tomorrow.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Dunno. They'll have second thoughts about a trade after tonight's performance. 1A/1B is safer than starter/way worse backup.

Yes, but isn't that the only game in PIT this season? I don't see both being signed past this offseason. Would be nice if both were but I'm not too confident in that happening.

Also, I seriously doubt tonight's game had any influence on how management ranks the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad