GDT: Ducks @ Pen Guinea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
This is the worst game we've had in a long time. Cogliano was even terrible so you know it's bad.

I still don't get why Bruce doesn't try and match more. Imo if Crosby leaves the ice, Kesler should leave immediately. It's like game 7 all over again. Yes I know it's hard to get matchups on the road but Bruce didn't even try.

Entire defense was complete garbage. All of them.

Coaching was ****. Didn't even try to get the matchups. Played Gibson when they shouldn't have. Still Bieksa-Fowler? Give me a ****ing break.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Agreed. I'm not going to call out Gibson singularly. Two tips, two breakaways, and two odd-man rushes(one a 4-on-1).

I believe it was 3 breakaways, no? Two to Crosby one to Hagelin. Two deflections, and a 3-on-1.

He hasn't been good this game but holy **** some people over react to everything. Others just have their own agendas. It's expected.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Even if we do make the playoffs, there's no chance in hell we'll get anywhere. It's one thing winning against fringe teams in the NHL - another winning against the best.

Oct 18, 2011
that last crosby goal is so bad when you slow it down...4 ducks below the goal line and fowler just aimlessly deflects the puck towards a bunch of penguins, him and bieksa have no chemistry at all that shouldn't happen

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Now that goes back a long way. I don't know if many people even knew what you were talking about.

They probably think he is a forward on the Caps.

John

Khrushchev passes to Gorbachev, GLASNOST!

Why is Getzlaf even still on the ice? Should he be benched? Or is playing him in this kind of situation also some kind of punishment?

Unimpressive effort by the coaching staff as well.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I believe it was 3 breakaways, no? Two to Crosby one to Hagelin. Two deflections, and a 3-on-1.

He hasn't been good this game but holy **** some people over react to everything. Others just have their own agendas. It's expected.

Oh, right. I was fuzzy on one of the goals. It was Hagelin. Good call.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Even if we do make the playoffs, there's no chance in hell we'll get anywhere. It's one thing winning against fringe teams in the NHL - another winning against the best.

I'm pissed too but stop the overreacting. We just beat the Kings were easily and SJ is no slouch.

It was horrible game by everyone, including coaching staff. On to the next one.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yeah, and Pittsburgh has also been red hot. Easy one to forget.

Hopefully we can go back to Fowler Despres and Bieksa Vatanen again.

This. Not sure why ******** Bruce won't put those pairs back together. All 4 defenseman are struggling since he put our current pairs together.

Oct 18, 2011
i'm more concerned with how they follow this up than this game itself. the ducks made alot of uncharacteristic defensive mistakes and puck management by our d wasn't there which usually is not an issue

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
dude it's one game
the ducks just literally beat the sharks and kings
:help::shakehead

Exactly. Let's just worry about how we stack up against the best teams in the west and then it's about the two points each night. The Chicago game will be more meaningful in terms of a measuring stick game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad