TSN: Ducks listening on everyone.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I know it's likely been discussed previously in this thread, but what would the cost on Silfverberg look like, Ducks bros?

Well to start, I think the Ducks fully intend on keeping Silfverberg around. He's such a perfect fit for a young team, as a guy that can take on huge defensive responsibility while still producing. Next to Getzlaf who won't be waiving his NMC (or even be asked to), Silfverberg is the least likely of the veteran forwards to be pried away.

If someone was willing to put one of the top drafted prospects in the world on the table, the Ducks would have to listen. But they already have a great prospect pool (especially after another early pick this year) and having a guy like Silf around is vital - a package of good but not great futures really isn't that favorable.

The Zucker trade makes for a decent benchmark, but I think most would agree Silfverberg is more coveted and his team is definitely less inclined to move him. You're likely looking at having to come up with a better starting point to get the Ducks attention.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Probably more than Rakell, felt he was available to be had last year, but management clearly made it apparent Silfverberg will be here for awhile. I personally don't think he's a trade option like others are. Sorry.

No worries. He plays hard and plays the right way, so I can understand wanting him around to mentor the young guys the Ducks have coming up in the pipeline.

Well to start, I think the Ducks fully intend on keeping Silfverberg around. He's such a perfect fit for a young team, as a guy that can take on huge defensive responsibility while still producing. Next to Getzlaf who won't be waiving his NMC (or even be asked to), Silfverberg is the least likely of the veteran forwards to be pried away.

If someone was willing to put one of the top drafted prospects in the world on the table, the Ducks would have to listen. But they already have a great prospect pool (especially after another early pick this year) and having a guy like Silf around is vital - a package of good but not great futures really isn't that favorable.

The Zucker trade makes for a decent benchmark, but I think most would agree Silfverberg is more coveted and his team is definitely less inclined to move him. You're likely looking at having to come up with a better starting point to get the Ducks attention.

Fair enough. I remember there being chatter about him last year and figured he'd be one of the guys shipped out this year after reading the OP. Makes sense you guys want to keep him around, though - I know I would if the Avs were still rebuilding.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No worries. He plays hard and plays the right way, so I can understand wanting him around to mentor the young guys the Ducks have coming up in the pipeline.

Fair enough. I remember there being chatter about him last year and figured he'd be one of the guys shipped out this year after reading the OP. Makes sense you guys want to keep him around, though - I know I would if the Avs were still rebuilding.
Last year it made sense to move him or Henrique, but we extended both... I assume BM thought this season was going to go a little better. Now your kinda in an awkward situation.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Last year it made sense to move him or Henrique, but we extended both... I assume BM thought this season was going to go a little better. Now your kinda in an awkward situation.
Hey, at least he didn't trade away the Ducks 1st this year for immediate help while thinking the team could contend this year. That would be pretty bad. With the Ducks scouts I'm sure you guys will walk away with some great prospects after this upcoming draft.

I grew up in Orange County for a few years and have a soft spot for the Ducks since they were the first NHL team I ever saw live. I want you guys to get good again and become the next powerhouse CA team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad