Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Leafs - Tuesday Dec 16 @ 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwaguy*

Unfortunately, we're due for a loss! :(

It would be nice if we at least make it to OT, or shiitout, and get at least a pity point! ;)

No such thing as being "due" for a loss. I guess if you're playing bad and still winning, but we aren't right now.

Saying that we should lose just cause we've won 5 in a row however? That's just ridiculous.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Good morning guys,

wanted to drop by and tell you our projected lines. I'll try and confirm them later, but I'm pretty sure this is what you'll see from us tonight:

Bourque - Getzlaf - DSP
Beleskey - Kesler - Palmieri
Silfverberg - Rakell - Cogliano
Maroon - Thompson - Jackman

Fowler - Lovejoy
Lindholm - Robak
Stoner - Vatanen

Andersen
Bryzgalov

scratches: Heatley, Fistric

Injuries:
Perry - knee
Beauchemin - Finger
Brewer - foot
Gibson - groin

Here's hoping for a clean, good game.

I appreciate the info.

How in the world is Maroon on the 4th line?? That guy has been great every time I have seen him play. Top 6 power forward type. With injuries and whatnot, are Bourque and Smith-Pelly really the better options with Getzlaf?

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Third game in four nights against tough competition... not going to be easy.

We should learn something about the teams resilience tonight.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
No such thing as being "due" for a loss. I guess if you're playing bad and still winning, but we aren't right now.

Saying that we should lose just cause we've won 5 in a row however? That's just ridiculous.

Well then, we shouldn't lose another game this season! :shakehead

The more winning you do, the better the chance you're going to have a lapse in performance, maybe take an opposing team too lightly, and bang, you lose a game. :p:

With the parity that exists in the N.H.L. today, any team can beat you on any given night! It's not as ridiculous as you say it is for a team, with an ongoing winning streak, to be due for a loss. :(

Sorry, JMHO. ;)

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
I appreciate the info.

How in the world is Maroon on the 4th line?? That guy has been great every time I have seen him play. Top 6 power forward type. With injuries and whatnot, are Bourque and Smith-Pelly really the better options with Getzlaf?

The first line has been carried by Getzlaf really. Boudreau is sticking with it due to the fact that the other lines are clicking so well right now.

Maroon started off the year great, but then he sprained his MCL and hasn't been the same since (although he is improving). Not that he has been bad, but he just hasn't been as good as he was at the beginning of the season.

However, his inclusion into a 4th line role combined with time seems to have rejuvenated him a bit. Really working well along the boards crashing and banging. His strong boardplay helps that line sustain forechecks and cycling.

Looking forward to tonight guys! Should be a real dandy! Ducks never do well against the Leafs, so I am a little worried... :laugh::laugh:

Just wanted to say as well the ACC is an amazing arena and Toronto is just beautiful. Went to see a Habs/Leafs game there and it was one of the most wonderful hockey experiences I have ever had. The buzz around the city...man!

Good luck...may the best team win! :handclap:

DoubleDouble*

Anaheim is a better team than we are, probably even with the injuries. Will be really impressed if we come out of this with a point. I hope the boys put in a good effort and surprise us all.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Anaheim is a better team than we are, probably even with the injuries. Will be really impressed if we come out of this with a point. I hope the boys put in a good effort and surprise us all.

Lot of teams are better than us. As long as there's a good effort, the team can accomplish lots.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Anaheim has won 7 straight games and Leafs have won 5 so this should be a heck of game here with both teams at the top of their games.

DoubleDouble*

Lot of teams are better than us. As long as there's a good effort, the team can accomplish lots.

I agree. I just want to see them hang with the best in the league. Kesler seems to play well against us, so I expect him to have a big impact tonight.

Their D is getting healthy, too. I just want a good game.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I appreciate the info.

Easy to way to put it is that it stabilizes the other lines. For the first time in weeks, we have solid play from all the other lines. Bourque isn't good, but for whatever reason, he and Getzlaf have chemistry. Bourque has literally missed 2 or 3 wide open nets from 3 feet out. I still don't like that trade for us, but I'll give it to Bourque, he knows where to go. DSP is there because all 3 of the other lines are playing great (plus Getzlaf has turned beast mode on so he's creating a ton of chances despite playing with guys that are playing like crap right now), and for once BB is finally not screwing with the chemistry.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
This is game 31 for the Leafs and the breakdown is 21 home games and only 10 road games.

So after tonight Leafs will have already played 1/2 their home games for the year.

Thus making 31 of their final 51 road games.

So its important for Leafs to put as many points in the bank as they can from home games as road games are more difficult to secure wins in.

Who knew, thanks for the up-date Mess.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well then, we shouldn't lose another game this season! :shakehead

The more winning you do, the better the chance you're going to have a lapse in performance, maybe take an opposing team too lightly, and bang, you lose a game. :p:

With the parity that exists in the N.H.L. today, any team can beat you on any given night! It's not as ridiculous as you say it is for a team, with an ongoing winning streak, to be due for a loss. :(

Sorry, JMHO. ;)

Gambler's fallacy.

LyGuy

Aug 21, 2013
Hey guys, we are flying up for the game tomorrow, anyone have any recommendations on a good place to hit for dinner before or after the game? Thanks in advance. This should be an entertaining game. :nod:

Yelp.ca lol

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I think the Leafs tend to play bad games when they either underestimate their opponent or overestimate their own ability. Some games, they're just not playing their A game and it seems like they can get sort of discouraged and sometimes it takes hitting bottom to really reverse things.

At this stage, I don't think anyone on the Leafs is taking this game lightly. The Ducks are the best team in the league right now... so I think the Leafs will play a good game. As long as we don't fall way behind early, I think we can pull this one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad