Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Leafs - Tuesday Dec 16 @ 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
we can pass the habs tomorrow with a win and a habs loss (but to carolina). good news is that we will still have that game in hand after tomorrow

Actually, if the Leafs win, Montreal loses in regulation or OT, and both Tampa Bay and Detroit lose in regulation, the Leafs would be in first place in the division.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Hey guys, we are flying up for the game tomorrow, anyone have any recommendations on a good place to hit for dinner before or after the game? Thanks in advance. This should be an entertaining game. :nod:

If you are coming for hockey hit Real Sports before the game. Best wings around and everything else is top notch. You won't get a table, but you can sit at the bar and eat. The best part is it is aacrossthe streat from ACC .Gretzkys is also good for the sports experience.

Marche is ok, but it's more of a place you bring the kids for fun. Not horrible, but MANY better places.

Danforth is WAY too far to go before the game.

If you want a good steak. Hys, Barbarian or Michaels are great.

Gusto just off king is great.

There are pretty much an unlimited choice of great places in the city. All depends when you want to spend.

I'm going to the game with my pops. Have to work late, so I'll just be stop by RS for a beer before hand. Probably a Street near night for me

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
If your willing to spend some money, I recommend the Merche! Its located in the BCE place on Front Street, its unique because it doesn't have any servers. Its more like a grocery store, diffferent sections (ie beef section, salads/fruits, international cuisine etc) and you use a card to swipe it at the stand and then you bring the food back to the table. There's also a bar where you can purchase drinks, I got to warn you its absurdly priced, for example $9.50 for a mixed drink.... but its strong lol.

I highly recommend it for u guys.

Marche has gone way downhill over the last couple of years. Definitely do NOT recommend.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
or - and this is just another take on it - he doesn't want Jake and Nazzy to end up like those guys? When it is said and done, Nazzy and Jake have time to change and mould their game so it doesn't overall impact them - so they can get better. (I remember Randy saying how much JVR wasn't having the "yes, but!" response when he was being coached, but I think that attitude is back).

so by calling them out, he's saying, - work hard, be better, you'll be better for it.

I could be wrong, it could just be Nonis being a big butt head. or it could be 1/2 and 1/2

I'd rather my youth be accountable and jettison the others later, vs. calling out my vets (which very ever rarely works anyway) and my youth is all "whatevs, dude."

that's my 5 cents.

anyway. it looks like Tampa is losing. They play tomorrow, as does Montreal
two is good - but i'd just like to get that pity point so we're still on pace with them.

Messages to the Players aren't delivered through the Media. The Players would be told personally where they stand and what they need to work on.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Hey guys, we are flying up for the game tomorrow, anyone have any recommendations on a good place to hit for dinner before or after the game? Thanks in advance. This should be an entertaining game. :nod:

Really depends on what you feel like eating, how much you want to spend and how much time you have.

Hundreds of excellent choices of any type of food, all within blocks of the ACC.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
What's that place in the Longo's (on Maple Leaf Sq.) behind the Starbucks.

My Recommendation, good food, better prices.

Ducks have only won 2 games ever (one in OT) at the ACC, let keep this roll going
GLG!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Amsterdam's Pub on Queen's Quay (probably like a 5-10 minute walk depending how slow you walk) to ACC is a good place to grab some food and drinks before the game.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Unfortunately, we're due for a loss! :(

It would be nice if we at least make it to OT, or shiitout, and get at least a pity point! ;)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Unfortunately, we're due for a loss! :(

It would be nice if we at least make it to OT, or shootout, and get at least a pity point! ;)

why are we due for a Loss?
Anaheim's won 7 in a row. they could be due for a loss.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
What's that place in the Longo's (on Maple Leaf Sq.) behind the Starbucks.

My Recommendation, good food, better prices.

Ducks have only won 2 games ever (one in OT) at the ACC, let keep this roll going
GLG!

One can only wish! I hope we beat them, however, I don't have a good feeling about this game! :p:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
why are we due for a Loss?
Anaheim's won 7 in a row. they could be due for a loss.

Ah, it's our Leafs we're talking about! Can we really rely on them continuing this winning streak? Rely being the key word! :scared:

Yes, I agree, the Ducks are due for a loss too, however, unfortunately, I have more confidence in them extending their winning streak than our Leafs! :(

I hope our Leafs prove me wrong! :blush:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Any update on my boy Corporal Komarov ?

Injury Report: The Leafs Infirmary Thread: No Komarov, Polak Skating ‎(
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

;)

Tyler Biggs*

They’ve played 3-4 more home games at this point because of the World Juniors. While that competition is going on, they will be going on an extended road trip which will balance everything back up. At the same time, 20 home games compared to everyone elses 16/17 home games, is hardly twice as many. Also because of the World Juniors, the Leafs have to play the most back to back games this season than any other team, so their schedule is far from ideal…

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Ah, it's our Leafs we're talking about! Can we really rely on them continuing this winning streak? Rely being the key word! :scared:

Yes, I agree, the Ducks are due for a loss too, however, unfortunately, I have more confidence in them extending their winning streak than our Leafs! :(

I hope our Leafs prove me wrong! :blush:

(shrug) i don't really mean to lecture you on this stuff (heh she says as she's about to lecture you), but almost every pre-game/post game thread, it's just this doom and gloom "this is going to happen, because our Leafs are ____"

like. just hope they can win or get a point. I don't think we need to 'rely' on a winning streak. we need to rely on the fact that our team can play well, and for the past 11 games they have done so minus a poor period , and the Wednesday game last week, which was, the end of 5 in 7, and aback to back). they responded very well on the weekend.

i get not wanting to get too high, but sometimes to me, you seem always too low. we're doing well now. just enjoy it for what it is :)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is game 31 for the Leafs and the breakdown is 21 home games and only 10 road games.

So after tonight Leafs will have already played 1/2 their home games for the year.

Thus making 31 of their final 51 road games.

So its important for Leafs to put as many points in the bank as they can from home games as road games are more difficult to secure wins in.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Good morning guys,

wanted to drop by and tell you our projected lines. I'll try and confirm them later, but I'm pretty sure this is what you'll see from us tonight:

Bourque - Getzlaf - DSP
Beleskey - Kesler - Palmieri
Silfverberg - Rakell - Cogliano
Maroon - Thompson - Jackman

Fowler - Lovejoy
Lindholm - Fistric
Stoner - Vatanen

Andersen
Bryzgalov

scratches: Heatley, Robak

Injuries:
Perry - knee
Beauchemin - Finger
Brewer - foot
Gibson - groin

Here's hoping for a clean, good game.

Edit:

Confirmed: Andersen starting. Forward lines are correct. Fistric in for Robak. Have made changes.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Heatley the 'Leafs' killer isn't playing? All righty. (I guess he wasn't much of anything the past few years.)

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Good morning guys,

wanted to drop by and tell you our projected lines. I'll try and confirm them later, but I'm pretty sure this is what you'll see from us tonight:

Bourque - Getzlaf - DSP
Beleskey - Kesler - Palmieri
Silfverberg - Rakell - Cogliano
Maroon - Thompson - Jackman

Fowler - Lovejoy
Lindholm - Robak
Stoner - Vatanen

Andersen
Bryzgalov

scratches: Heatley, Fistric

Injuries:
Perry - knee
Beauchemin - Finger
Brewer - foot
Gibson - groin

Here's hoping for a clean, good game.

Forgot about that plug.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Heatley the 'Leafs' killer isn't playing? All righty. (I guess he wasn't much of anything the past few years.)

he's healthy now and eligible to come back, but based on where he was practicing last game, I don't think there's any way he's in. I'll edit my post once the lines are confirmed though.

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011

How the mighty have fallen. The guy was basically a shoe-in for 40-ish goals every year for 5 straight years then he plummeted. I guess playing in Minnesota didn't help much, but he is a shadow of his former self.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Thank God Perry isn't playing ... although would have liked to see him and Komarov going at it lol

Also by this time last year we had played about 3 more games and had about 1 less point. Things are looking good this season :yo:

Slot

Mar 6, 2012

Anywhere along the Esplanade East of the ACC is good if you're looking for pub-style nosh. 5 Minute walk to the rink.

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011
Anywhere along the Esplanade East of the ACC is good if you're looking for pub-style nosh. 5 Minute walk to the rink.

Agree- Biermarket is great, there are 2 good pubs (although Scotland Yard food is meh) and Jack Astors is up Church around the corner. There is a new pierogie place on Church Street where Great Burger Kitchen used to be- its awesome and they have beer on tap. Buffalo Chicken peirogies, fried, with a draft beer- very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad