GDT: Ducks @ Leafs 4:30PM Pacific

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
:facepalm: This isn't -about- Vatanen, DaDucks. How many times do I need to say that? It'S about Lindholm, and really it's about Boudreau.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The problem with SOG are that not all are equal. I thought the Ducks took a lot of perimeter shots, and that Bernier only made 3 or 4 really great saves. Freddy had 2 really nice saves too, but should have had the Lupul and Booth goals.

I don't think this game was as lopsided as the score suggests, but I also don't think that the shots paint an accurate picture.
The Ducks spent pretty much the whole game in Toronto's zone. Except when they were getting scored on. So yeah, in this case, shots paint an accurate picture.

DaDucks*

The problem with SOG are that not all are equal. I thought the Ducks took a lot of perimeter shots, and that Bernier only made 3 or 4 really great saves. Freddy had 2 really nice saves too, but should have had the Lupul and Booth goals.

I don't think this game was as lopsided as the score suggests, but I also don't think that the shots paint an accurate picture.

they don't...We gave up a TON of shots last year, mostly from the perimeter, but we also finished our chances like the Leafs did tonight...

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012

It was just "one of those" games

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
His lack of assertiveness, as Keerole highlighted, is really starting to annoy me. He needs to understand that he is boss, and that he can/needs to take over games. Vatanen and Lindholm already understand that in regards to themselves.

It's definitely been an issue, in my opinion. Far more so this season, because of his level of play last season. That's the part that annoys me the most. It's not even a matter of thinking he has more potential. This isn't a case where a player had a hot stretch. He had an entire season of high level play, and really, there was room to be even better.

I don't really get it. I get having some confidence issues at times, but this is just frustrating.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ducks dominated tonight

Bernier was outstanding

Can't win them all, etc.

I do wonder what is going on with Cam

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Flower was terrible tonight. Not the reason we got smoked though.

I'm going to be going offsides in my dreams all night tonight.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
just finishd watching the game....bourque is horrid, cant stand that guy and the fact that he is anywhere but the the 4th line is a joke let alone on the PP...BB HAS to stop blowing up the lines (it drives me crazy), and our goalies need to stop the puck, i give bryz some slack but it is a growing concern IMO....anyways on to the next

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
just finishd watching the game....bourque is horrid, cant stand that guy and the fact that he is anywhere but the the 4th line is a joke let alone on the PP...BB HAS to stop blowing up the lines (it drives me crazy), and our goalies need to stop the puck, i give bryz some slack but it is a growing concern IMO....anyways on to the next

Agreed. Bourque is awful. He has no one skill that can be called a strength. He's just whatever at everything. Can't believe BB keeps playing him first line w/ PP time. I'd give a kid from Norfolk a chance to feed off Getzlaf

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In highlights saw some good plays from Rakell and Stoner, were they having good games? However i think 3d goal was partly on Stoner, he should be in a position to take that corner away but Andersen wasn`t sharp either.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Andersen needs a rest. Absolute ********* from him, we'd of won that game with average NHL goaltending.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I thought Lindholm was really bad in this game but apparently I'm the only one. A couple of brutal giveaways, got caught pinching leaving Fistric of all people to defend that two on one that gave the Leafs the 4th goal and couldn't finish what chances he did get.

Fowler was brutal, both goalies sucked.

Kesler and Palmieri stood out in a good way. They were our best players.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
The Ducks spent pretty much the whole game in Toronto's zone. Except when they were getting scored on. So yeah, in this case, shots paint an accurate picture.

That's the Toronto way, get up by two goals sit back and don't take risks but capitalize on any opportunities. It's the most frustrating thing to watch as it looks like the Leafs get dominated as soon as they grab a sizeable lead, but its part of Carlyles weird system.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I thought Lindholm was really bad in this game but apparently I'm the only one. A couple of brutal giveaways, got caught pinching leaving Fistric of all people to defend that two on one that gave the Leafs the 4th goal and couldn't finish what chances he did get.

Fowler was brutal, both goalies sucked.

Kesler and Palmieri stood out in a good way. They were our best players.

I wasn't impressed either. I think I was most impressed with Lovejoy out of all the defensemen, because I didn't really notice him.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
It didn't take long for Bryzgalov to look bad lol. My first impression was wow he is solid. And then very soon after wow he sucks.

Kessel, who is one of the top 5 in shooters in the league scored on him twice, with plenty of time to set up on an odd man rush and a breakaway. Don't be too worried. Our goaltending has been so incredibly below average anyway, it doesn't really matter. ha

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I'm going to forget about this game. Except for the fact that Bryz is back.

And come on, guys. Don't be too harsh on him. He hasn't played in the NHL in a while, and even admits to not feeling like he's at that level yet. If you're going to blame anyone on his performance, blame Murray and Bruce for rushing him onto the team.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
That sucks.

You know when a player immediately skates for the locker room that he's hurt for at least a few games.

Like I said earlier, it sucks because he has just found his game again after his first IR stint.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
That sucks.

You know when a player immediately skates for the locker room that he's hurt for at least a few games.

Like I said earlier, it sucks because he has just found his game again after his first IR stint.

Probably will get mri, Hope it doesnt require surgery.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Thought we were the better team through 2+ periods. Couldn't finish and they could.

A little soft in front of our own net. Anderson/Defense weren't great, but not terrible either.

Can't win them all.

Really building up my annoyance with Bourque. I'd like to see Heatley in over him at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad