GDT: Ducks @ Jets 12PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Was great to witness this team win, it probably has been over a month last time I actually saw a game they won. I was fearing for the worst though when the Jets tied the game in the 3rd. Palmieri's goal was great though, he's going to score 20+ goals this season.

The new guy seemed fine while Manson had a rough night. Can't wait for Beauchemin, Lovejoy and even Brewer to be back.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Saw only the first period. We didin't look too well organized team in it but good thing we got out with the W again.

Love how every one wants at least short suspension for Kane (rightfully) but no one cares about the fact Stoner punches him in the face. The moral code of hockey.

Good to see Sami doing something about it even though he'd probably get hes ass kicked by Kane. Team spirit.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I actually thought 5 and a game was enough, but i guess i could see him getting a game or 2.

Teemu Kariya

Apr 21, 2014
Graz, ST
Just saw the hightlights of the game and have a question:
Why didnt beleskeys goal count?
I watched it multiple times and cant find a conclusion on what the refs saw there. Can you help me?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I watched it multiple times and cant find a conclusion on what the refs saw there. Can you help me?

Welcome to the club, pal.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

They called him for interference when he *knocked* down the defenseman in front of him. It was a very weak call.

Teemu Kariya

Apr 21, 2014
Graz, ST
They called him for interference when he *knocked* down the defenseman in front of him. It was a very weak call.

Oh, thanks for the answer, i thought he might have exhaled too heavy in Pavelecs direction and that it was goalie interference.
I am disappointed with my observation skills, now as you mentioned it, i saw it too, i would've called a 5 min major for that.:sarcasm:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I wasn't expecting that. Was fine with 5 and a game but I'm not going to complain about it. What makes it even better is that Stoner got 2 minutes for a good 4-5 punches.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm a little surprised, because there was no injury and that always seems to be a major factor, but Kane has zero excuses. Stoner was showing him his back the entire time, and Kane had an eternity to stop the hit.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I'm a little surprised, because there was no injury and that always seems to be a major factor, but Kane has zero excuses. Stoner was showing him his back the entire time, and Kane had an eternity to stop the hit.

Agreed. I like this though. I don't like how if/or how bad an injury is affects suspensions.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
As others have said here, the suspension was deserved. No excuse for that kind of hit in the game. Kane saw Stoner's numbers from the moment he initiated his charge.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

That's why I think he got hammered. He literally never saw anything but numbers and still exploded into the hit. That wasn't a hit gone wrong, it was a potential disaster that went right.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
That's why I think he got hammered. He literally never saw anything but numbers and still exploded into the hit. That wasn't a hit gone wrong, it was a potential disaster that went right.

Well stated.

I think it's interesting that his first game back from suspension will be against the Ducks.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Yes, it's too much of a factor IMO. The league absolutely needs to come down hard on obvious bad hits regardless of injury status. Players need to know you can't cheap shot somebody and know that as long as the victim skates away you won't get more than a hand slap if that. Because when somebody ends up with a career ending injury from a Matt Cooke type shot, the penalty won't be enough to match the crime. And then everybody will wonder why the league was so lax before that. Yeah. :shakehead

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Winnipeg fans would be up in arms if Perry had done that to Enstrom or the like. Deserved suspension, could of caused a serious injury.

Kane's an idiot.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
It doesn't seem worth a suspension to me. Match penalty, maybe a fine. Maaaybe 1 game max. But 2?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
By the current standard, I'd agree with snark, but this probably should be happening even if there's no injury on the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad