GDT: Ducks @ Jets 12PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
getzlaf is now just starting to play more like himself....and he's still 7th in the league in scoring. my main take away from this game is when getzlaf plays an "A" game like today, he can carry this team to a win when it's not playing well.

it also seems like as more games pass, lindholm is this teams go to dman

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
Robak was actually not bad at all. The less babysitting work for Lindholm, the better.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Just came back from work and saw we won. Saw the highlight reel and I'm happy. Anything else important that highlight reels wouldn't show?

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
had my own game to go to and just finished the game....glad we are finding ways to win these games, and palmi is a awesome, love his game and that shot was perfect

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Pretty impressed with Robak. He looked pretty darm poised and made some good plays. Agree, Manson looked pretty rough tonight. He also has had some bad luck staying out of the box the last few games. I'll take the win.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Looks like the coaching staff told Stoner to drop the gloves immediately and start swinging if someone ****s with Sami

Nice job by Clayton

Kane looks like a pansy. He was frustrated from his take down by Getz a few seconds earlier and runs Stoner. Stoner and Vatanen then proceed to mug Kane for his lunch money lol

HockeyOnKatella

Dec 7, 2014
You know, Fowler is probably my favorite player in the league - but I think I agree with you. The sky is the limit for this kid..

Yep this year should be exciting with magnus getting so much time. He's doing well! Cam is a Team USA player tho, proven!

We are lucky to have both!!

lydman now a finnish hockey analyst:(

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
I doubt Boudreau has ever said anything of the sort to anybody. Stoner was just angry about the hit Kane put on him.

I wouldn't be surprised either way, but glad stoner got involved. Love how this team steps up for their teammates with Thompson going after Ballard After perry got hit

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Prevent defense prevents winning. I understand the defense is being held together with duct tape and bubble gum, but I hate how the team goes into a shell with the lead. They aren't the bruins or kings, they are a high skilled team and they should be constantly attacking the other team.
The whole chip it off the glass and then stand still at the blue line and wait for the other team to attack is so frustrating to watch. 28 games in and I'm not very impressed with Yawney's defensive scheme so far. This team used to be relentless on the forecheck regardless of the score, I want to watch that team. Not this sit back and let the other team come at you in waves crap.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Prevent defense prevents winning. I understand the defense is being held together with duct tape and bubble gum, but I hate how the team goes into a shell with the lead. They aren't the bruins or kings, they are a high skilled team and they should be constantly attacking the other team.
The whole chip it off the glass and then stand still at the blue line and wait for the other team to attack is so frustrating to watch. 28 games in and I'm not very impressed with Yawney's defensive scheme so far. This team used to be relentless on the forecheck regardless of the score, I want to watch that team. Not this sit back and let the other team come at you in waves crap.
Last year I'd have agreed, but not this year. When the defense was healthy we were a top 3 defensive team. Yawney has made a huge difference.

Once Lovejoy and Beauchemin push Manson and Stoner back out of the top 4 we'll be looking pretty good there again IMO. In fact, if the coach could be induced to sit Stoner for Brewer, I think we'd have a really reliable group.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Kane is such a punk, was pretty happy to see Stoner get his money worth with him.

Good to see Getzlaf starting to elevate his play, has been really strong the last run of games.

Really hope we get a playmaking 3c ASAP. Kesler is way too good on the top PP unit to be taken off it, and the 2nd unit desperately needs a playmaker (Rakell/DSP/whoever are not the answer to the playmaking side of things).

Also when the **** is Cogs going to score a breakaway again? He must of missed at least 10 or so already this season.

Last year I'd have agreed, but not this year. When the defense was healthy we were a top 3 defensive team. Yawney has made a huge difference
Agreed. We looked the best we have defensively in years before injuries hit.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Kane is such a punk, was pretty happy to see Stoner get his money worth with him.

Good to see Getzlaf starting to elevate his play, has been really strong the last run of games.

Really hope we get a playmaking 3c ASAP. Kesler is way too good on the top PP unit to be taken off it, and the 2nd unit desperately needs a playmaker (Rakell/DSP/whoever are not the answer to the playmaking side of things).

Also when the **** is Cogs going to score a breakaway again? He must of missed at least 10 or so already this season.

Agreed. We looked the best we have defensively in years before injuries hit.

He needs another Minnesota style one. A house full of Ducks and that one really lit Honda Center up. Doesn't get old watching it.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Lots of sandpaper on that win. Thought we played well but had no business being in that game. Got lucky in 1st period.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
I love how Vats doesn't give a **** about his size and will go up against anyone and good on Stoner to jump in too.

i can never get tired of watching Sami and Stoner gang up on kane in that sequence. kane probably didnt think Vatanen was going to skate out of his way to give him a helping of hurt. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad