GDT: Ducks @ Isles - No morning skate edition - 4PM PT 7PM ET 1AM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
getzlaf should have got the surgery he looks like he's skating with a piano on his back, noway is he healthy. this team stinks

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Actually, no. They had Kariya and Selanne. They sucked, but they were fun to watch on a lot of nights.

You also had zero expectations beyond that. If they won, it was awesome, but you just expected hockey.

I mean, we have a lot of young talent in the system and on the team. Gibson, Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen, Ritchie, Montour. You're right the teams in the '90s had Selanne and Kariya so there must have been at least a little excitement there. This team just loses in the most boring fashion possible. I'm hoping Bieksa's contract doesn't cost us any RFAs. Hell, I might come to fear that from Getzlaf if he can't ever find where his talent went.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Does any team make direct passes to the opposition more than us? Has somebody replaced our sticks with slabs of recycled cardboard?

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I'm hoping to God that Henry Samueli takes the initiative and cleans house completely after this season. Don't think he will but it's a nice thing to picture.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The team doesn't have to be blown up. The difference between the team winning again isn't in overturning a major chunk of the roster. We're talking probably 2 or 3 changes at most. One of which looks like it will be taken care of internally when Ritchie is ready for regular starts up here. Getzlaf is having a bad season, but there's no reason to think he's incapable of bouncing back next year.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Kind of hard to blow up a team with a bunch of mediocre overpaid dudes. The only guys with trade value are the young defenders that we need to develop for the future.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
The team doesn't have to be blown up. The difference between the team winning again isn't in overturning a major chunk of the roster. We're talking probably 2 or 3 changes at most. One of which looks like it will be taken care of internally when Ritchie is ready for regular starts up here. Getzlaf is having a bad season, but there's no reason to think he's incapable of bouncing back next year.

I've never seen him this bad. To me, there's no comparison between him this year and 2011-12. There's got to be a structural problem with the team if they really are this bad. Firing a coach or making a trade for that elusive top 6 winger won't do much good.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I've never seen him this bad. To me, there's no comparison between him this year and 2011-12. There's got to be a structural problem with the team if they really are this bad. Firing a coach or making a trade for that elusive top 6 winger won't do much good.

That's exactly where I'm at. This team is done for this year. It needs to be analyzed and seriously reconstructed this summer.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
200.gif

This Ducks team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad