GDT: Ducks @ Isles - No morning skate edition - 4PM PT 7PM ET 1AM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
4PM start works for me. Haven't watched a ducks game in forever it seems. They had that long break between games and I've missed the other ones due to Gulls, Star Wars, and such.

Flick of the Switch

Apr 26, 2015
Our boys have worked so hard all season that who needs another morning skate, right?
I hope we can continue our streak of scoring at least 1 goal / game for the second game!

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Friberg returns, guess we will find out the healthy scratch at 4:00.

When Thompson returns from suspension the Ducks will be back at the standard 2 forward and 1 D healthy scratches.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Silf is awesome, Fowler sucks, the world never fails to amaze. Morning skates are overrated to our little group of failhards, so who needs em.
For anyone that is not convinced:

"So, like I said, at least in my experience, it was always about Cam Fowler leading up to the draft, and that brings me to the next argument which is that the Rangers should have taken Fowler. Seems obvious on the surface. Fowler was a regular at age 18, has been on the Ducks top pair ever since, and was a U.S. Olympian in 2014. But if you dig a little deeper, you see a very overrated player. Over his career, Fowler has been an extremely poor 47.2% possession player. And it’s not just because of the team he’s on: Fowler has been negative in corsiRel in five out of six seasons. In scoring chances, he doesn’t fare much better. He has been negative in scoring chance differential in four out of six seasons, and negative relative to his team in five out of six seasons. Some argue it’s his teammates, but out of his 20 most common linemates in his career, 18 are better possession players away from Fowler. Some also argue he faces top competition. That’s true, but there’s an advanced stat called delta corsi which adjusts for competition, and Fowler is still abysmal in delta corsi in four of six seasons, and barely passes in the other two seasons. Fowler has talent and shows flashes of brilliance, but I see an over-hyped player here, who frankly, isn’t very good. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say McIlrath will end up as good or better in time. At the very least, the Rangers didn’t miss out on any big prize."

https://6goaliedefense.wordpress.co...n-out-to-be-a-very-good-pick-for-the-rangers/

What can't speak can't lie.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
We didn't have a morning skate before the last game, so maybe he's going with what worked? :laugh:

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012

"So, like I said, at least in my experience, it was always about Cam Fowler leading up to the draft, and that brings me to the next argument which is that the Rangers should have taken Fowler. Seems obvious on the surface. Fowler was a regular at age 18, has been on the Ducks top pair ever since, and was a U.S. Olympian in 2014. But if you dig a little deeper, you see a very overrated player. Over his career, Fowler has been an extremely poor 47.2% possession player. And it’s not just because of the team he’s on: Fowler has been negative in corsiRel in five out of six seasons. In scoring chances, he doesn’t fare much better. He has been negative in scoring chance differential in four out of six seasons, and negative relative to his team in five out of six seasons. Some argue it’s his teammates, but out of his 20 most common linemates in his career, 18 are better possession players away from Fowler. Some also argue he faces top competition. That’s true, but there’s an advanced stat called delta corsi which adjusts for competition, and Fowler is still abysmal in delta corsi in four of six seasons, and barely passes in the other two seasons. Fowler has talent and shows flashes of brilliance, but I see an over-hyped player here, who frankly, isn’t very good. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say McIlrath will end up as good or better in time. At the very least, the Rangers didn’t miss out on any big prize."

https://6goaliedefense.wordpress.co...n-out-to-be-a-very-good-pick-for-the-rangers/

Why don't we just award the cup to whoever has the best corsi, because no one bothers to watch hockey anymore apparently.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca

You should infract yourself for posting that link :shakehead

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
must light lamp.

Funniest_Memes_i-love-lamp_11319.jpeg

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

I was waiting until someone posted the wonderful article from our good light blue friend over on HFRangers :laugh:

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Sekac with a bunch of flashy moves that do nothing but make Habs fans weep.

It's too bad the rest of the league caught on that Fowler is garbage, better trade him while he still has some value. How is Bieksa supposed to lead our defense core with that dumpster fire lining up beside him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad