GDT: Ducks @ Isles - No morning skate edition - 4PM PT 7PM ET 1AM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I've never seen him this bad. To me, there's no comparison between him this year and 2011-12. There's got to be a structural problem with the team if they really are this bad. Firing a coach or making a trade for that elusive top 6 winger won't do much good.

The only major structural problem they have is in goal scoring. Their top players are struggling with health, bad luck, and a collapsing partnership on Kesler's line. They also lost a significant depth scorer and the goals that Beleskey provided in a primary scoring role. None of the things that could be accounted for were followed up on. They are fixable, though.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
The only major structural problem they have is in goal scoring. Their top players are struggling with health, bad luck, and a collapsing partnership on Kesler's line. They also lost a significant depth scorer and the goals that Beleskey provided in a primary scoring role. None of the things that could be accounted for were followed up on. They are fixable, though.

Frankly, chalking this up to health and bad luck seems like a lame excuse. At this time last year, we were winning hockey games and scoring plenty of goals with the majority of the team afflicted with mumps and other injuries. Something is seriously wrong here and I don't think there's a simple solution that involves a trade or two.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Frankly, chalking this up to health and bad luck seems like a lame excuse. At this time last year, we were winning hockey games and scoring plenty of goals with the majority of the team afflicted with mumps and other injuries. Something is seriously wrong here and I don't think there's a simple solution.

Yeah, except Getzlaf's fitness wasn't clearly compromised this time last year, or any time last year for that matter. Kesler losing one linemate and having another in the toilet, while also having an absurdly low shooting percentage on top of that is also not something that we were dealing with a year ago. We also had some depth scoring out of our bottom six that isn't there, but absolutely was a year ago.

Oct 18, 2011
and nothing will change.

bieksa wont be scratched
getzlaf wont be benched
silfverberg wont grow a pair of balls
hagelin wont cut his hair

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah there's no way this team is making the playoffs and if they do for some miraculous reason, they'll get blown out in round 1

might as well start tanking for matthews

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Sure... touring the basement of the NHL

"If you look to the right there is NHL Player Derek Morris and to your left the actual bat killed by Jim Lorentz in the 1975 Stanley Cup Finals. Please no flash photography, it angers the bat"

If you could somehow dig up the rat that Scott Mellanby dispatched back in the mid-nineties, then you'd have a real attraction. Sign me up for that tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad