Rumor: Ducks- Henrique gaining much interests from other NHL clubs.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Bozak and Henrique have similar production when you adjust for usage. Henrique’s contract is more expensive and lasts for 5 more years taking him to 35, while Bozak’s only lasts two more years taking him to 34. Bozak has previously been the better offensive player. Blues add...

:dunno:

So we trade Henrique to avoid paying him too much in the last 2 years of his contract, and instead pay Bozak too much for the next 2 years and dont get any good years out of the player?

How does that make any sense for the Ducks?

Henrique is out producing Bozak on a historically bad Ducks team. I'd rather keep him then move him for Bozak.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Henrique's contract is fair. The cap hit is the going-rate for second line centers approaching unrestricted free agency. For all the fuss that's heard about his contract, you'd think you'd hear similar complaints about the contracts for Backlund, Turris, and Little. Say what you want about the length of the contract and the fact players are seldom traded shortly after signing a new contract, but reconsider complaints about his future AAV.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
As a Ducks fan, this is amazing news! I think he's completely overrated and not worth the contract he signed. Please take him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As a Ducks fan, this is amazing news! I think he's completely overrated and not worth the contract he signed. Please take him.
You arnt the best salesmen are you?

But seriously... I don't think hes overated at all... hes just basically what he is expected to be.

Reactions: DavidBL

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
I think if he’s traded he’ll go to a fringe playoff team that’s avoiding the traditional rental route in favor of adding a longer term piece.

Teams like the Islanders, Habs, Blue Jackets, Wild, Avalanche, Stars & Canucks spring to mind as potential landing spots.

Respectfully, I don't see why Montreal. They have an almost PPG 23 years old center, a 18 yo 0.5 ppg center, and a 25 yo shutdown second line center. All that with many good prospects coming. They actually need a goal scoring right winger and one or two LHD, younger than 29.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
You arnt the best salesmen are you?

But seriously... I don't think hes overated at all... hes just basically what he is expected to be.

I'm just saying his value is not perceived correctly. He disappears way too frequently on offense and is not a good playmaker for a 2C. He's ideally a very good 3C but the Ducks have needed him to be what Kesler was on offense pre-injury. So far he hasn't hit the mark.

And I was one of the most outspoken Ducks fans about his contract. He's only a $1M-$1.5M off from guys like Duchene money wise and I think that's outrageously expensive for a player of his caliber. Would much rather pay extra for the likes of Duchene and B Schenn.

Reactions: SvechniCanesCup2019

clownshoes

Mar 5, 2008
Windowless room
If the ducks have interest, they should move him. The reason he was signed no longer applies to the ducks current situation, ie. Not a playoff team. They need his cap $ now for the retool. Hes also one of the few movable contracts. I think the ducks will have to take a contract back in a deal to offset that term.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
If the ducks have interest, they should move him. The reason he was signed no longer applies to the ducks current situation, ie. Not a playoff team. They need his cap $ now for the retool. Hes also one of the few movable contracts. I think the ducks will have to take a contract back in a deal to offset that term.

I wouldn't dump him but if I get any reasonable asset, I move him. His contract is not terrible for 2nd line NHL centers, but I understand why us armchair GMs would want to avoid that contract.

If we keep him, his not a bad transitory center for the old and new guard. He seems like an excellent team guy and played reasonable as a 1st line center when Getzlaf was out last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad