Rumor: Ducks- Henrique gaining much interests from other NHL clubs.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Teams looking at Anaheim’s Henrique? — The Fourth Period

"Various teams are believed to have reached out to Murray about several Ducks players, including the likes of Cam Fowler, Adam Henrique, Nick Ritchie, Brandon Montour and Rickard Rakell, among others – just because teams inquire doesn’t mean the Ducks are willing to move a certain player.
However, it appears Henrique has generated much interest from other clubs.
Henrique, who turned 29 on Feb.6, is in the final-year of his current deal, but signed a five-year, $29.125 million extension last July. His new deal kicks in July 1 and comes with a 10-team no-trade list."

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
If Anaheim can get Henrique and his contract off their hands they should do it asap. That contract can get bad quick...

With the situation they are in right now as well there is no need to keep him for success now because its so unlikely. Trade him and get the money and cap hit off the books which will help them moving forward in terms of adding some youth and rebuilding/retooling a little.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I could see lots of teams being interested, based on desperation alone. Arizona, Colorado, Edmonton and Buffalo all have garbage forward depth and could use an established vet.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I think this is the best option for the Ducks.

I’d much rather move Henrique then Fowler.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I could see lots of teams being interested, based on desperation alone. Arizona, Colorado, Edmonton and Buffalo all have garbage forward depth and could use an established vet.
$5.85m until 2024? The only way Edmonton is adding that is if Lucic is heading back the other way.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

My above post was to you. Not the other user my bad.

Reactions: belair

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
2019 1st
2020 3rd becomes a 2nd if you resign Silf or make the conference finals.
Milano
I don't speak for all Columbus fans, but I probably do that. Would be better if we can flip Wennberg and Duclair plus a 1st for Silf and Henrique to balance out the salary.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I don't speak for all Columbus fans, but I probably do that. Would be better if we can flip Wennberg and Duclair plus a 1st for Silf and Henrique to balance out the salary.

Ya I don’t speak for all Ducks fans either. I know some don’t want to trade Henrique but I see the value is moving him now.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Ya I don’t speak for all Ducks fans either. I know some don’t want to trade Henrique but I see the value is moving him now.
He's a risky commodity. At one end he could bounce back to a 50 point center and on the other, his contract could start looking rough real fast. Especially since he is 29 already. For me, if we got rid of Wennberg's contract, it's worth the risk as he does a lot of other stuff very well. Torts would play him like crazy, plus we have no centers.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's from the 4th period. So, it's not true.

They're bad. Especially Pagnotta. Guy doesn't understand hockey.

You've been out of the loop a while haven't you?

The Fourth Period has been, by far, the best in the business(Besides Bob obviously) over the last 12 months at breaking deals and signings.

They are very much legit.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He's a risky commodity. At one end he could bounce back to a 50 point center and on the other, his contract could start looking rough real fast. Especially since he is 29 already. For me, if we got rid of Wennberg's contract, it's worth the risk as he does a lot of other stuff very well. Torts would play him like crazy, plus we have no centers.

I don’t think there is any doubt he will be back to that guy on a team that actually can play hockey.

I question if he is a commodity the ducks need in the next 3ish years where they will be in a retool.

The ducks need a #1 center. Without that they are f***ed. Assuming they can get that, Getzlaf is going to be a fine #2 center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad