GDT: Ducks goes to Hollywood | 7:30 PM Cali; 5:30 AM Latvia/Finland time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDucks*

They're filled with guys who are either very big, or very bulldog-like.... Carter, Kopitar, Brown, Richards, Penner, King, Nolan, Clifford, etc. are all guys who are hard to play against, physically.

Ya, can't expect to beat them physically... Just not happening...

Souray's an idiot for starting that fight... Penner goal is on him

ducks4grt

Oct 27, 2009
Maroon looks very bad on ice he must go or sit. Bring Back Etem or better off make a trade for a Torres type player.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Maroon looks very bad on ice he must go or sit. Bring Back Etem or better off make a trade for a Torres type player.

Agreed. Maroon hasn't looked all that great since day one. Etem was much more involved and appeared to be more "NHL Ready". Also, for a big buy, Maroon plays very soft.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Maroon isn't soft. He lays the body whenever he gets the chance to. He's just so damn slow that never happens. Would like to see him get a look with the twins though. May as well give it a go with the constant juggling anyway.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
I would really like to see the same lines two games in a row, it's a bit annoying with the constant juggling. The Kings are a team that you shouldn't allow to take the lead, especially in the third. They're at par or even better than Nashville in freezing it up and clogging the neutral zone.

I think the D-pairings will depend on who's sitting out for the night. I'd imagine Sourey gets the bench next game to rest his body, Fowler will play with Beuch and Lydman with Sbisa. Allen and Lovejoy need to stay together, they seem to only play well with eachother. Especially Allen just killed the play everytime he touched the puck tonight, very little hockey IQ there.

One More Salami

Feb 25, 2013
Tough way to lose. It was far from perfect game on both ends. Viktor had his worst game yet and the forwards didn't capitalize on their chances. But 13-3-1 aint that bad. You can't win every game. :)

That Allen - Fowler pair is weird as it seems like Allen doesn't trust Cam one bit. He throws the puck anywhere else but to Cam. :shakehead

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Missed opportunities in the 2nd doomed the Ducks. Game could have been 5-2 after the 2nd but it was 2-2 and Ducks were doomed.

Fasth did not play as well either. Hopefully they bounce back next game.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Missed opportunities in the 2nd doomed the Ducks. Game could have been 5-2 after the 2nd but it was 2-2 and Ducks were doomed.

Fasth did not play as well either. Hopefully they bounce back next game.

I can't really blame Fasth on the Penner goal, Beuch was supposed to stop the pass / tie the stick. Brown's goal was an absolute snipe, pretty much as high as you can shoot it and score. Only the Voynov goal was something he usually gets, but it was a blast from between the points so not a softy in any way. Also on the final goal by Muzzin (?), it's a bit hard to see through Allen and his thick skull.

Not Fasth's best game, but he's in no way responsible for the team getting outworked in the third.

Jul 22, 2012
Gotta give credit where its due, the kings played a great game. We managed to hang with them after 2, but in the 3 we flat out just ran out of gas.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Gotta give credit where its due, the kings played a great game. We managed to hang with them after 2, but in the 3 we flat out just ran out of gas.

This. Also, not capitalizing on a number of very good chances cost us.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I'm more pissed about getting our ***** literally kicked and our lack of response... then the loss, to be honest.

You lose some games, I get that.. but other than Souray stepping up early which I think was ill advised.. (and getting spanked), this team showed no emotion and support for each other. That bothers me.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Tough loss and to a team you don't want to lose to. Hope we see a good response next game.

The thing i don`t like very much is - we won`t have more than one game between the games for 1,5 months now.

I haven`t checked other teams schedules (they have to have a bussy schedule as well, though) but our ''old'' players could feel that.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
At 10 games over we could go .500 the rest of the way and still make the playoffs, even in the 3-point game happy Western conference.

Also, I've said this before (maybe even in this thread), but at the risk of being Duckstudd-esque: Allen's brain is so damn slow. He's a great defender for getting in the way of lanes and pucks and people but he is death on moving the puck. Once we have one more guy who can defend as well as he but with better mobility and puck-moving skills, I have to think he's on the outs. I hope that player is Lindholm.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
At 10 games over we could go .500 the rest of the way and still make the playoffs, even in the 3-point game happy Western conference.

Also, I've said this before (maybe even in this thread), but at the risk of being Duckstudd-esque: Allen's brain is so damn slow. He's a great defender for getting in the way of lanes and pucks and people but he is death on moving the puck. Once we have one more guy who can defend as well as he but with better mobility and puck-moving skills, I have to think he's on the outs. I hope that player is Lindholm.

he's great with lovejoy. he just doesn't seem to trust fowler at all for whatever reason. i can't believe BB hasn't recognized this

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
huh? I thought Maroon looked good. Not soft at all..

I don't think he looked that good. Not soft but not near physical enough either. I wanted him as much as anyone when Etem was here but he's disappointed IMO. He's still ok I guess but I'd like if the Ducks claimed McGrattan and send him back to AHL. If maroon has a more in your face mentality he'd be a lot better.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

What do u mean by that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad