GDT: Ducks goes to Hollywood | 7:30 PM Cali; 5:30 AM Latvia/Finland time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
hitting and energy with no chance of scoring = win...oh wait we lost.

yeah Holland who would not have played in the 3rd you know the period the team collapsed anyway would have made a huuuuuge difference in the score right?
The Kings seem to be doing ok playing Clifford,Nolan,King and Frasor all as tough as Staubitz

Jerky Leclerc

Feb 27, 2002
Anaheim
Visit site
I don't know how the Kings accumulated all this big guys who can skate. Pretty much, they were the much more physical team and we didn't have the manpower to match their size. I am not sure many teams in the league can handle that size. Can't blame the effort today. The boys played hard from the beginning. After the Kings took the lead, the game was over. They just clogged up the middle and protected the net. Oh well. You can't win them all.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I don't know how the Kings accumulated all this big guys who can skate. Pretty much, they were the much more physical team and we didn't have the manpower to match their size. I am not sure many teams in the league can handle that size. Can't blame the effort today. The boys played hard from the beginning. After the Kings took the lead, the game was over. They just clogged up the middle and protected the net. Oh well. You can't win them all.

good post

Our 07 team would have beat them on the scoreboard and punished them physically

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
yeah Holland who would not have played in the 3rd you know the period the team collapsed anyway would have made a huuuuuge difference in the score right?
The Kings seem to be doing ok playing Clifford,Nolan,King and Frasor all as tough as Staubitz

we have been winning games because of our teams depth of scoring. so yes, a fourth line that was capable of putting some pressure on net would have been much more useful to a tired team on the second half of a back to back.

kings 7 in the conference

ducks 2...

fine yes, but i like 2nd in the league more than a few more hits a game.

DaDucks*

Traded for Fraser in the ryan symth trade... Clifford mid round 36 pick overall 2009 I think

King (not to sure came out of nowhere) and Nolan was a 6th round steal drafted 2 years ago.. Also came out of nowhere

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
Can we please separate Fowler and Allen? Something about it just doesn't work. Put Allen back with Lovejoy. Try Fowler with Lydman or Sbisa.

Just sucks that we still can't find Fowler a D partner that meshes with his style.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
embarrassing display by BB no message sending hell did he even throw Staubitz in the 3rd? LA outhit the Ducks and sent more messages even when they were winning but towards the end of the game there had to be someone going after Stoll or a Kings star in response.

Maybe because when he did get ice time he didn't do anything with it?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Is it weird that I'm not even mad the ducks lost? I think the more accurate adjective is morose.

I'm disappointed. I thought they had their chance to win in the 2nd, but in the 3rd the Kings were just flat out the better team. This feels a little like a missed opportunity, but a loss was going to happen, and I think the Ducks have been playing with fire lately. Tonight they got burned.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Can we please separate Fowler and Allen? Something about it just doesn't work. Put Allen back with Lovejoy. Try Fowler with Lydman or Sbisa.

Just sucks that we still can't find Fowler a D partner that meshes with his style.

I don't think Fowler was particularly good tonight, but it is shocking how badly Allen uses Fowler as a D partner. He just never seems to use him as an outlet. It's like the Ducks are short handed.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Guys... I figured it out.

It was a 7:30 start time so that's why we started on time (for once) but couldn't finish in the end because it was past their bed time.

It all makes sense now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I've always liked him with Sbisa. Cam doesn't need a big babysitter anymore. Outside of the Stoll thing (not defendable anyway) Fowler's been able to use his size to handle himself just fine. Sbisa plays very close to Beauchemin's style when he's on his game. If he can emulate frankie he'd be a great partner for Cam.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
I don't think Fowler was particularly good tonight, but it is shocking how badly Allen uses Fowler as a D partner. He just never seems to use him as an outlet. It's like the Ducks are short handed.

I agree. I think Fowler had an off game, but as a pair they just don't seem to work. I don't know if it's communication or them trying to do too much. I like what I've seen from the Lovejoy/Allem pairing though.

This is just a guess, but I think Fowler's perfect D partner may end up being Lindholm once's he ready.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I'm disappointed. I thought they had their chance to win in the 2nd, but in the 3rd the Kings were just flat out the better team. This feels a little like a missed opportunity, but a loss was going to happen, and I think the Ducks have been playing with fire lately. Tonight they got burned.

Yeah completely agree, we had them down but we gave them an inch by not putting the pucks in the net and they came back with the arm bar.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I agree. I think Fowler had an off game, but as a pair they just don't seem to work. I don't know if it's communication or them trying to do too much. I like what I've seen from the Lovejoy/Allem pairing though.

This is just a guess, but I think Fowler's perfect D partner may end up being Lindholm once's he ready.

That would be pretty cool. I have high expectations of Lindholm. I don't think he has the raw skill Fowler does, but he plays such an intelligent game. He makes things look easy.

Fowler needs to get his confidence back though. We need that player we saw pre-injury. That Fowler would have taken it upon himself to make it happen, Allen or no Allen.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
That would be pretty cool. I have high expectations of Lindholm. I don't think he has the raw skill Fowler does, but he plays such an intelligent game. He makes things look easy.

Fowler needs to get his confidence back though. We need that player we saw pre-injury. That Fowler would have taken it upon himself to make it happen, Allen or no Allen.

This. Also, FFS just do Sbisa-Fowler already.

Corey Perry*

Traded for Fraser in the ryan symth trade... Clifford mid round 36 pick overall 2009 I think

King (not to sure came out of nowhere) and Nolan was a 6th round steal drafted 2 years ago.. Also came out of nowhere

They're filled with guys who are either very big, or very bulldog-like.... Carter, Kopitar, Brown, Richards, Penner, King, Nolan, Clifford, etc. are all guys who are hard to play against, physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad