Post-Game Talk: Ducks def. Canucks - 7-4 (Pearson, Pettersson, Garland, Hughes)

Would you rather fight 1 whale or 1000 ducks?

• Total voters

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Another team that has exceeded expectations. They are in a rebuild still.

This was Benning's plan, LA, Ana and SJ all rebuilding so get easy wins. His team didn't have to get better, they just had to stay the same. But he misjudged those teams rebuilding, he thought it would take as long as his was, 8 years.

It should be a win, not that it matters for next year.
If Demko slips like last game Anaheim wins.

Reactions: calnuck

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Another team that has exceeded expectations. They are in a rebuild still.

This was Benning's plan, LA, Ana and SJ all rebuilding so get easy wins. His team didn't have to get better, they just had to stay the same. But he misjudged those teams rebuilding, he thought it would take as long as his was, 8 years.

It should be a win, not that it matters for next year.
If Demko slips like last game Anaheim wins.
Has he ever had 2 “bad” games in a row? Legit question since I can’t recall. This is definitely shaping up to be a goaltending duel so I expect a pretty low scoring game as long as the Canucks can stay out of the penalty box

Reactions: theguardianII

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He wasn’t wrong. I think people tend to forget they’re a rookie and a guy in his second season still figuring it out, that’s how it goes
I don't know if it means much, but the rumor mill has a lot of teams enquiring about the availability of Hoglander. From the blueline in, he's a constant threat in the offensive zone. Despite his size, he's an alpha competitor, who's a pain in the butt to play against.

On the defensive side of the puck, he can often be guilty of trying to do too much, when a simple play would just clear the zone. But that's just part and parcel of learning how to play the 200-foot game at the NHL-level.,

Canucks would be making a grievous mistake if they gave up on this kid too soon.

Reactions: calnuck

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same video, but that's kind of your own interpretation is it not (the toying part)? I came across an article where the trainer was trying to calm the whale and grasping for air before being dragged down again. I'm not sure we can infer this kind of evil intent based on the video? The other way to think about it is that if you were working with a trainer who feeds you but you are kept in captivity and forced to do stunts on the trainer's command, is that trainer really your friend? Are you less likely to lash out at the trainer the longer he keeps you in captivity?

Anyhow, I suppose if you're going die either way, it MIGHT hurt less to die fighting the whale? Pecked to death by 1000 ducks with eyes and other parts gauged out seems like an awful way to die.
I think the guy who died off the coast of Sydney a few days ago in a shark attack was far worse than that....shark ripped his legs off, then while he was feebly floating facedown in the water it came back and finished him off.

I honestly warn anyone from watching the video, I regret it.

Reactions: Lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I think the guy who died off the coast of Sydney a few days ago in a shark attack was far worse than that....shark ripped his legs off, then while he was feebly floating facedown in the water it came back and finished him off.

I honestly warn anyone from watching the video, I regret it.

I regret simply having read your post. Just when I was looking forward to going back to the beach ...

Reactions: VanillaCoke

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
There's no bulljive, or propaganda..those are the facts...In those last 16 games , we had key players out (and were down to a skeleton lineup, and 4th string goalie). A lot of teams had the covid protocols hit their team earlier in the season (Calgary,NYI,Ottawa, Montreal,Edmonton), ours just happened to hit in January.

The hiring of Boudreau has been a huge turnaround for this squad, sorry it doesnt fit in with your negative outlook.

holy shit you literally just did the thing I posted you do not like 8 posts earlier.

don’t fall for his bullshit everyone

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: geebaan and M2Beezy

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I liked the Podkolzin Petey Garland line when they played together. I hate Pearson and Petey together. Pearson skates like he has a 45 pound dumbbell strapped to his waist

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Do you guys remember that one time years ago where some poster in here posted months in advance something like “On March 2nd against the Ottawa Senators, Matt Bartkowski will score a goal in the 2nd period to make it 3-2 Canucks” (something like this, I’m paraphrasing).

That was crazy

Edit: found it
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/poster-predicts-goal-over-5-months-out-to-the-period.2036561/
Poster predicts goal over 5 months out - to the period
That was the greatest moment in hfboards history :yo:

Reactions: Love

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad