Post-Game Talk: Ducks def. Canucks - 7-4 (Pearson, Pettersson, Garland, Hughes)

Would you rather fight 1 whale or 1000 ducks?

• Total voters

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Should have choose take on whale :(

2fc15e407942c95e6b9d9811c9d43d5f2274aa24.gif

But we'll win:nucks

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Switch Motte with Dick.

Or, if like me you like to make lines based mostly on nickname potential, switch Dick with Highmore and go with the Triple H line. The Line of Lines.

But seriously, move Dick down.

Hmm... We could have a Triple H line, a Triple P line and a GMB line (HIMYM reference).

Reactions: alternate

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Boudreau has coached 25 games for the Canucks

15-6-4.

Canucks were 8-15-2 after their first 25 games of the season

Almost a polar opposite.
What a propaganda bulljive

First eight game under Bruce 8-0(december with paper easy schedule)

Last 16 games under Bruce: 7-9(hard schedule in jab+easy schdeule in feb)

I wonder who are the real canucks are :sarcasm:

The march and april schedule is similar to january and we all know how well jan went.

We need to go on another 7,8-0 streak to have a chance.

Last edited:

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

The march and april schedule is similar to january and we all know how well jan went.

hes the king of cherry picking, and if you point it out, you’re negative.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This is pretty much a must win in regulation game but really we need to pass 3 teams that might be better than us to make the playoffs then what?

Long term plan should be to trade Miller high and get high draft picks this year and next given our roster construction, prospect pool and salary cap situation in the near and long term.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

likash

Apr 17, 2019

He is the main Jimbo propagandist here. He even cherry picks what JR is saying and ties with what Jimbo said. It's the old " just make the playoffs ..."

I said it before that he is not a canuck fan. You have to look at his activity during losing streaks when he can't prop any of Jimbo's work. Also, when he admits Jimbo sucked at something, he quickly fires a shoot at the previous GM's. You can check his post history. He is been doing it for the last 4 years.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Wow Ducks have fallen off in the standings haven't they? I thought they were up there when Terry was on a tear.

I agree with OP time to use Garland differently.

See you boys tonight in the thread.. it's Saturday so please make sure to come with your beverage of choice.

Reactions: Love

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Wow Ducks have fallen off in the standings haven't they? I thought they were up there when Terry was on a tear.

See you boys tonight in the thread.. it's Saturday so please make sure to come with your beverage of choice.
61PvUfR6krL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: geebaan and BWJM

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Ducks now down to 10th after Friday's games. Dallas passed them and all of the teams ahead of them now have 2-3 games in hand on Anaheim. Plus Winnipeg has 3 games in hand and is 3 poins in back with a better points percentage than the Ducks.

This is a huge head to head with Vancouver. If the Canucks win this in regulation they would be 1 point back with a game in hand.

Anaheim has big decisions to make with their trio of UFAs. I would say that they should move Manson and Rackell. Lindholm, ideally retain him otherwise move him at the TDL, but they would need to find another top 4 Dman in the off-season. I would think his ask is something in the Parayko to Reilly range of $6.5 - $7 mill aav for the max 8 years.

Reactions: BWJM

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Ducks now down to 10th after Friday's games. Dallas passed them and all of the teams ahead of them now have 2-3 games in hand on Anaheim. Plus Winnipeg has 3 games in hand and is 3 poins in back with a better points percentage than the Ducks.

This is a huge head to head with Vancouver. If the Canucks win this in regulation they would be 1 point back with a game in hand.

Anaheim has big decisions to make with their trio of UFAs. I would say that they should move Manson and Rackell. Lindholm, ideally retain him otherwise move him at the TDL, but they would need to find another top 4 Dman in the off-season. I would think his ask is something in the Parayko to Reilly range of $6.5 - $7 mill aav for the max 8 years.
They got carried by Gibson and Terry in the first but the wheels are coming off. They won't be buyers at the deadline.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

They had an 8 game winning streak early in the season and have been blah since. Because it didn't come after a coaching change, people don't read much into it.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Damn how do I change my vote I thought it was asking who would win in a fight so I said whale :(

Very important game but its hyperbolic to say must win. Regulation would be great but I care more about seeing the boys bounce back and play better. If by happenstance we lose or go to OT I'm OK with that so long as they put together a solid game. Been a little while since they've done that.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Damn how do I change my vote I thought it was asking who would win in a fight so I said whale :(
You cant change it geebster. The OPs question was pretty clear, this is unacceptable and you should be getting a warning from the mods for this pal :rant:

Reactions: Love and calnuck

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Full roster again tonight, so there's literally no excuses in that regard..Another must win....The worst time to play a team, is right after they've been embarrassed...Anaheim was embarrassed by the Oilers and lost 7-3, so its a guarantee that they'll come out flying tonight.

Then there is the John Gibson effect..we've seen it several times this season..and it is real..He can steal the game by himself.

Reactions: theguardianII

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

There's no bulljive, or propaganda..those are the facts...In those last 16 games , we had key players out (and were down to a skeleton lineup, and 4th string goalie). A lot of teams had the covid protocols hit their team earlier in the season (Calgary,NYI,Ottawa, Montreal,Edmonton), ours just happened to hit in January.

The hiring of Boudreau has been a huge turnaround for this squad, sorry it doesnt fit in with your negative outlook.

Last edited:
Reactions: lousy and Nomobo

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019

In stats, picking an arbitrary cutoff is one of the worst things you can do, it's as bad as cutting outliers or straight fudging data. If you want to compare Green to Boudreau though, there is nothing arbitrary about picking the point that the coaching change happened. The team has been better than they were under Green, those 8 games count.

Cutting 8 wins out needs a good explanation, as does randomly not representing OT/SOL. Team isnt 7-9 and below .500, they are 7-6-3 since the win streak. Incidentally both records (7-9, and 7-6-3) are better than Green's. There is nothing cherry picked about choosing the firing date as the cutoff for both teams as surely none of the games before Boudreau's tenure belong to him and none of the games after his firing belong to Green. The argument that they've been better after the firing is in no way in contention based on any points brought by you or Likash.

If however PoM made the argument that the team's record post firing is uniform or that it is indicative of their play as a whole, the downward trend in win rate would suggest they are somewhere between the 8-0 and the 7-6-3.

However, if you argue they are solidly the 7-6-3 team at the present moment then one could easily say that is cherry picking, as that 16 game span is spread over many different delays and with many different players out. Might be better to take a more recent sample or at least justify why the first few games of that span should weigh as heavily as most recent ones in an analysis of their current play. Could as easily say in their past month they are 5-3-3 or past 10 they are 4-3-3 (the 2 games before this span are wins) where that span of 10 starts 1-1-3 (0.500) and ends 3-2 (0.600). A 0.550 stretch that is trending upwards doesnt tell you it is worse than or equivalent to Green's 0.348 Canucks.

I'm not saying that the team is a juggernaut but they have been better under Boudreau even with current records being weighted more heavily than earlier ones.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Zegras with the Michigan and Gibson once again dummies our goal scorers, that's my semi serious prediction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad