GDT: Ducks @ Caps - noon o' clock today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Ah, so this is what we look like when Gibby isn't playing like he's a living deity.

Also, f*** Tom Wilson.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This is the results this team will get every game if they don't get Vezina goaltending. They are a terrible group

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Looked like Getzlaf didn’t enter the crease and was trying to avoid contact after getting bumped, and Holtby has his head outside the crease and got clipped. I see why it got called, but that’s been let go against us a LOT this year.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What a disasterous period. That last turnover from Manson with 10 seconds to go kind of sums up how it went.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Lindholm just isn't having his best year

Maybe not but he’s still our best Dman. The +\- isn’t great but that will correct itself over a larger sample and he still has great underlying numbers like he usually does.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Maybe not but he’s still our best Dman. The +\- isn’t great but that will correct itself over a larger sample and he still has great underlying numbers like he usually does.
I agree he is still our best D overall but I've liked Manson more recently

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I agree he is still our best D overall but I've liked Manson more recently

Yeah I would agree Manson has been better recently but he was absolutely brutal for the first dozen games. Arguably our worst Dman over that stretch.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Looked like Getzlaf didn’t enter the crease and was trying to avoid contact after getting bumped, and Holtby has his head outside the crease and got clipped. I see why it got called, but that’s been let go against us a LOT this year.
I feel that they were both occupying the space they were entitled to, Getzlaf made a reasonable effort to avoid Holtby and it was just incidental contact. I agree that with Holtby's reaction (pfft) I get why they called it, but I wish they would let that type of contact go.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
To be fair, I'd be more worried about our defencemen looking good under the 'new' RC - probably an indication they are doing something very, very wrong.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I feel that they were both occupying the space they were entitled to, Getzlaf made a reasonable effort to avoid Holtby and it was just incidental contact. I agree that with Holtby's reaction (pfft) I get why they called it, but I wish they would let that type of contact go.
I’m all for protecting the goalie when they’re around the crease, but it needs to get called every single time.

My main concern is that the Caps unleash the Neanderthal now.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
The Caps sort of play the brand of hockey we should be, but for whatever reason don't. I guess we need more Russians.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I’m all for protecting the goalie when they’re around the crease, but it needs to get called every single time.

My main concern is that the Caps unleash the Neanderthal now.
Ha. I want to love Wilson, shame he seems to have a screw loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad