GDT: Ducks @ Caps - noon o' clock today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
When all of: Steel, Lundestrom, Terry, Comtois, Jones, Morand, Groulx, Mahura are permanently part of the roster they will likely be a very good team & Lindholm/Gibson will be in peak form having the best years of their career. Getzlaf will be old but likely returns on a short contract & continues to produce the way Joe Thornton has in his late 30s, Perry won't be re-signed at all, Kesler will likely be bought out by then or LTIR.
They may not have a superstar type forward but they'll have 4 lines that can score, great D & elite goalie.
One hope for that scenario is that the new superstars are getting such huge contracts that there value is going down and perhaps in the future it will take a better blend of valuable top 6 wingers to win a cup then 2 superstar centers getting paid $13m and a superstar d getting paid $10m. Perhaps the new formula will become 4 effective scoring lines and 3 quality lines of d. If that is the case then we should be well positioned.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I read it on Twitter, I think it was Denis Bernstein (from the4th period) - turns out only one TOP5 pick drafted since 2009, have a stanley cup. It`s Seguin.
I found it pretty

That is interesting

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Also kesler's line was actually really good. Consistent offensive zone time and puck hounding, Kesler had several chances to be dangerous but his hands seem to have frozen.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I loved how the Kesler line was actually decent. I'm also happy with Ritchie. He is a completely different player this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad