Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Avs | Being Bad For Ekblad: An Expected Journey | Wed the 2nd @ 7:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
True but Benoit did play in the NHL last season. He even averaged over 15 mins/gm in the playoffs and played well.

I'm not worried about Benoit, not really worried about Holden and Guinen either as they are both perceived as a better option than Hunwick. Anything is better than Hunwick getting 22 minutes of ice-time.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's of course a bit scary when the three additions on the blue line have an average age of 28 and have played an average of 28 NHL games. There are older players that turn out to be gems and just never got a chance to prove it. But we're not going to bat 1.000 here. Benoit might turn into something. Holden is a long shot and Guenin not even that.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I've noticed that RDS has picked up some Colorado games presumably because Patrick Roy is now behind the bench. I just subscribed to Gamecenter for the first time and I'm worried the games shown on RDS will be blacked out. Can someone clear this up for me? I live in Ottawa, I'm not entirely sure how this blackout business works.

It will probably happend for the the games on RDS , since all Habs games from RDS are blacked out from my CI ( I suppose it's the same for GC ) , but it's not an automatic . It's not an automatic because sometime i get games on TVA sports that are also on my CI without the blacked out.

But hey , the worst that will happend is that you will get arround 15 blacked out games out of 82...67 games on your GC is not bad :)

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
So is this the GDT then or is there another one?

Nevermind....thought it was gameday today but nope another day to wait!

Last edited:

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
I believe this was just made as a thread to pass time until tomorrow.

There will probably be another made.

Yeah no idea why I thought we were playing tonight.

I was wondering why there was no real excitement on the board or any dedicated GDT and why there was no vbookie for me to lose all my money on.

Looking back it all makes sense :laugh:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Btw I haven't watched Altitude since last season. Are Subarus still Subacool and Subafun to drive? Or have we moved onto another campaign?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I doubt Subarau is going anywhere.

I think they have a deal with Papa John's now so we might be seeing a lot of that this season.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Last year it was a lot of Stevinson Automotive on Altitude. Not all that much Groove Subaru.

Polo*

we need more toughness and grit. Until we get that we aint gonna be nothin

SlyAvs

smokin Joe
Mar 21, 2011
It will probably happend for the the games on RDS , since all Habs games from RDS are blacked out from my CI ( I suppose it's the same for GC ) , but it's not an automatic . It's not an automatic because sometime i get games on TVA sports that are also on my CI without the blacked out.

But hey , the worst that will happend is that you will get arround 15 blacked out games out of 82...67 games on your GC is not bad :)

Next 3 Avs games are on rds2, i guess the frenchies really want to look at Roy and all the quebecers on the Avs + Mackinnon (QJMHL).

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Well, I think it's safe to assume EJ and Hejda will see a lot of Getzlaf and Perry. I think Roy said he plans on using Stastny's line against the other teams best as well.

I don't like Guenin in over Holden, but we'll see how that works out.

I think the Avs have a decent amount of toughness and skill. Downie, McGinn, Landy, Bordeleau, and McLeod up front. The defense, while it isn't an intimidating bunch, can hold it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad