Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Avs | Being Bad For Ekblad: An Expected Journey | Wed the 2nd @ 7:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Interesting pairings today at practice:

Hejda-Johnson
Holden-Barrie
Benoit-Sarich

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
OT slightly...I noticed an update for my GameCenter Live app on my iphone which updated the new season's schedule. I'll be ready to rock it tonight. However, I haven't noticed anything to update the GameCenter Live app on my PS3...anyone have any suggestions? Is there a trick or do I need to delete and re-download it? It did not have the 13-14 season as of yesterday morning.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008

Hejda-Johnson
Holden-Barrie
Benoit-Sarich
Hejda-EJ is going to rock. Not surprised on Holden being with Barrie. Roy played him close to 20 minutes a night in pre-season, no?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hejda-EJ is going to rock. Not surprised on Holden being with Barrie. Roy played him close to 20 minutes a night in pre-season, no?

I'm looking forward to the Hejda-EJ as well. Closest thing the Avs can come up with for a top pairing.

I'm surprised at Holden simply because of the Benoit praise, and the fact that Holden will be getting top 4 minutes (maybe a bit sheltered) right from the beginning and he hasn't even played 10 NHL games. Figured Benoit would be there, but maybe Roy is looking to insert Wilson into the second pairing and allow the other two pairings to gain some chemistry.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As I typed my last post:

adater ‏@adater 1m
It looks like Nate Guenin, not Nick Holden, will crack the top-6 D lineup for Avs opening night

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma

Hejda-Johnson
Holden-Barrie
Benoit-Sarich

Those are basically the parings I want to see. At least for the time being (=Wilson on IR).

Don't see how Guenin or #48#22 will be better than Holden.

EDIT: That sucks that Guenin gets the start. (IF dater is right).
But apparently he has impressed Patrick, so maybe he'll surprise us.

Doesn't really matter who we have on the back-end.
We'll still lose. Selanne with 6 points.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Roy used Guenin instead of Holden in the dress rehearsal, so it's not a shocker.

I guess with him being a fourth right shot and Holden being a left shot it's slightly surprising, but we don't really know how anal Roy is about that. Some coaches are rabidly against using the wrong shot on the wrong side while others don't care.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 1m
Duchene was down for a while but HAS NOT left the ice. Think he collided with Stastny or Downie. #Avalanche

adater ‏@adater 2m
Matt Duchene just took a hard fall at practice, gingerly skating around now, appears he'll be ok though

AHHHH Hope he is okay

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'm looking forward to the Hejda-EJ as well. Closest thing the Avs can come up with for a top pairing.

I'm surprised at Holden simply because of the Benoit praise, and the fact that Holden will be getting top 4 minutes (maybe a bit sheltered) right from the beginning and he hasn't even played 10 NHL games. Figured Benoit would be there, but maybe Roy is looking to insert Wilson into the second pairing and allow the other two pairings to gain some chemistry.
If Hejda plays the same way he did for Barrie, then I could see that pair really excelling. Either the Avs end up with a shutdown pair that chips in the occasional goal, or Hejda gives EJ the confidence and stability he has never had since he arrived. In which case the Avs would most likely have a legit #1 defenceman, and a legitimate top pairing.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 3m
Feisty #Avalanche practice. Tyson Barrie just gets hacked on the hands, loses the puck and skates to the bench. Matt Duchene looks fine btw

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
OT slightly...I noticed an update for my GameCenter Live app on my iphone which updated the new season's schedule. I'll be ready to rock it tonight. However, I haven't noticed anything to update the GameCenter Live app on my PS3...anyone have any suggestions? Is there a trick or do I need to delete and re-download it? It did not have the 13-14 season as of yesterday morning.

I think it just updated so it will auto download a patch once you try it again. If that doesn't work I'd suggest the delete and re-download.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The team did get through pre-season largely intact.

The hockey gods know. The hockey gods wait. The hockey gods will dance a happy jig on our hopes and dreams.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Weird I couldn't find an update for my Android, I uninstalled it and re-installed it. Now it showing today's schedule but it has last years player point tot. Funny enough it has us 2 points from the wild card spot. I guess they know something I don't.:laugh:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I don't want to be pessimistic but I'm just going to point out the obvious.

Our defense at the beginning of last season looked terrible... like couldn't-get-worse terrible.

It looks worse this season.

Either way GO AVS GO!

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I don't want to be pessimistic but I'm just going to point out the obvious.

Our defense at the beginning of last season looked terrible... like couldn't-get-worse terrible.

It looks worse this season.

Either way GO AVS GO!
How so?

Then:
EJ, Hejda, Wilson, Barrie, Garbage

vs

Now:
EJ, Hejda, Wilson, Barrie, Garbage

I don't see a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad