Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Avs | Being Bad For Ekblad: An Expected Journey | Wed the 2nd @ 7:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
‏@MChambersDP 1h
#Avalanche coach Patrick Roy also said Mark-Andre Cliche will be third scratch vs. @AnaheimDucks

So that makes Cliche, Holden, and Hunwick the three scratches, correct?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 3m
Feisty #Avalanche practice. Tyson Barrie just gets hacked on the hands, loses the puck and skates to the bench. Matt Duchene looks fine btw

Why the hell is someone wacking Barrie on the hands? Not like they are desperate for his offense from the backend or anything. Jeez. :shakehead

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
‏@MChambersDP 1h
#Avalanche coach Patrick Roy also said Mark-Andre Cliche will be third scratch vs. @AnaheimDucks

So that makes Cliche, Holden, and Hunwick the three scratches, correct?

Correct. Not surprised Cliche isn't getting in this game. Something tells me Roy likes his lines to have chemistry before putting them in a game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm happy an Avs coach finally decided not to mess with line combos too much during the pre-season, so they can gel or re-gain chemistry before the opener. Always thought the constant mixing so guys played with different people was overrated.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't want to be pessimistic but I'm just going to point out the obvious.

Our defense at the beginning of last season looked terrible... like couldn't-get-worse terrible.

It looks worse this season.

Either way GO AVS GO!

They are really about the same, maybe a touch better for this season.

EJ=EJ
Hejda=Hejda
Wilson=Wilson=IR
Barrie 13/14 > Barrie 13
Benoit > Zanon
Hunwick eating nachos > Hunwick on the ice
Holden/Guenin < SOB
Sarich < ROB (fairly close though)

Not much difference in those lineups. The one advantage seems to be that everybody has a role except Holden/Guenin and won't deviate from it. Hunwick won't be used on the top paring. Sarich won't be Bobby Orr. Hopefully Holden/Guenin won't be playing 20 minutes a game. Benoit won't be useless.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hench, I don't think Sarich could be as bad as ROB was last season. Last season's ROB was by far the worst defensive performance I have ever seen in my life as an Avs fan.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I've noticed that RDS has picked up some Colorado games presumably because Patrick Roy is now behind the bench. I just subscribed to Gamecenter for the first time and I'm worried the games shown on RDS will be blacked out. Can someone clear this up for me? I live in Ottawa, I'm not entirely sure how this blackout business works.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I've also noticed that the "Watch live" option does not appear below the game on nhl.com similar to the Leafs-Habs game tonight so as of now it seems as though it will be blacked out.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hench, I don't think Sarich could be as bad as ROB was last season. Last season's ROB was by far the worst defensive performance I have ever seen in my life as an Avs fan.

I agree ROB was terrible last season (so was Sarich). As for opinions at the start of the season, I think I was higher on ROB at the start of last season because he wasn't terrible for the prior couple seasons and there was expectations that the Hejda-ROB pairing would be solid again.

I think Zanon was worse than ROB last year, but both were dreadful.

MStanic13

Aug 15, 2013
I've also noticed that the "Watch live" option does not appear below the game on nhl.com similar to the Leafs-Habs game tonight so as of now it seems as though it will be blacked out.

I don't post here much, still a proud Avs fan, just not much of a talker, but I feel I can give some insight into this, so I figured why not.

Last year if there was a game on Center Ice AND RDS that I wanted to watch, I'd go into another game I COULD watch then just pick the game on RDS on the ticker at the top and it would play. I don't know if that's a bug/glitch or if they intended it to be available to us even if it's on RDS and it's a bug that we can just do it by default, but ya... For reference I'm from London. So if you're in the Southern Ontario/Ontario area, this is what worked for me last year.

Just don't tell them if this is actually a bug! I want to get my Avalanche games!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't post here much, still a proud Avs fan, just not much of a talker, but I feel I can give some insight into this, so I figured why not.

Last year if there was a game on Center Ice AND RDS that I wanted to watch, I'd go into another game I COULD watch then just pick the game on RDS on the ticker at the top and it would play. I don't know if that's a bug/glitch or if they intended it to be available to us even if it's on RDS and it's a bug that we can just do it by default, but ya... For reference I'm from London. So if you're in the Southern Ontario/Ontario area, this is what worked for me last year.

Just don't tell them if this is actually a bug! I want to get my Avalanche games!

If this works, I am forever in debt to you.:nod:

MStanic13

Aug 15, 2013
If this works, I am forever in debt to you.:nod:

Just to clarify, this only worked with RDS games, not TSN, TSN2, or CBC. Which is why I made the assumption that maybe it's their mistake and they really mean to let us watch it but are just too lazy to fix it, or that maybe it's just an exclusive bug, so I'm praying it stills works.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I never been more excited to watch a coach speak since Tortorella. For Tortorella it was more for his constant rage attacks but for Patrick I feel like my hockey IQ increases from listening to him speak haha

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I've never liked listening to coach interviews because it's usually the same stuff and Tortorella comes off as arrogant. Roy though, can't help but be giddy and excited when listening to him talk. Like everyone else has said, he's so smart that you can just feel yourself get smarter by just listening to him.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
hahaha Hunwick scratched already. Sucks Holden isn't in the lineup though :(

He's in a rotation with Holden to see who will stick once Wilson returns. I think that's a good idea as it will up the competition between the two and could be positive for the overall performance of the defense.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You know it's bad when two journeymen defensemen are being rotated to start the regular season. Most teams do that in training camp and/or preseason. It's even more sad that one of those guys is going to be in the top four with Barrie until Wilson gets back.

Please score a lot of goals....

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You know it's bad when two journeymen defensemen are being rotated to start the regular season. Most teams do that in training camp and/or preseason. It's even more sad that one of those guys is going to be in the top four with Barrie until Wilson gets back.

It is worse when you realize the journeyman number is actually 3 (Benoit).

stickguy

Jan 20, 2013

surprised they aren't going with Holden though who is younger, signed for 2 years, and who Roy said has had such a great camp??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad