GDT: Ducks @ Avs | 7pm MT 6pm LBT | The Return of LBNMN!!!!!! and Makar I guess

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
The Ducks broadcast brought to attention that MacK only played around 3 minutes of the first 15mins in the 3rd and speculated about an injury.

Any news, or anything said about this?

Also, I just have to say that the Ducks PbP is quite good, but holy their other commentator has not changed in 10 years. Still an absolute nightmare to listen to. The Ducks barely do anything wrong and the opposition is always at fault for everything that happens on the ice.

E.g. When McTavish and Lehkonen had a good scrap around the Avs net he was complaining like crazy that Lehkonen was interfereing and wrapping his arms around McTavish when in fact it was very 50-50 and initiated by McT.
Brian Hayward; has to be. The most grating, snide and sanctimonious color guy I’ve ever had to listen to. When I lived out there I’d watch Ducks games and he was always annoying but when the Avs played them I had to watch the local broadcast due to blackouts it was blood-boiling to listen to.

The Kings previous (and maybe still current) color guy was like. 2/3 version, Jim Fox? Always made Avs games less enjoyable to watch for me.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
The Ducks broadcast brought to attention that MacK only played around 3 minutes of the first 15mins in the 3rd and speculated about an injury.

Any news, or anything said about this?

Also, I just have to say that the Ducks PbP is quite good, but holy their other commentator has not changed in 10 years. Still an absolute nightmare to listen to. The Ducks barely do anything wrong and the opposition is always at fault for everything that happens on the ice.

E.g. When McTavish and Lehkonen had a good scrap around the Avs net he was complaining like crazy that Lehkonen was interfereing and wrapping his arms around McTavish when in fact it was very 50-50 and initiated by McT.

Aw wtf.. who cares on the following but since this is a place of group therapy or method acting primal scream, why not:

A zillion complaints about Moser. Here's mine. Yeah, he calls Kuemper George, and visa versa. Always prepared for a few switch-a-roo name botches per game. So, ok. And he and Ryker seems to be fomenting an edge betwixt each other now. Ryker is just way too lightning fast in the brain space and Moser struggles to keep up. I like Ryker btw. And I like Mose too, warts and all.

But... ffs...

... his calls are exceedingly grating when he goes into 'cogliano is thrown down and there's no penalty' or 'mackinnon is slashed and there's no penalty' or 'makar is tripped and there's no penalty' or 'bednar is addressed by the ref and there's no penalty'. Rinse, repeat.

Similarly, 'compher is red hot' or 'lehkonen is red hot' or 'annunen is red hot' or 'bernie is red hot'.

Trend being, 80% of the time -ish watching the game live (and hearing a replay) or via streaming... what you see does not come close to matching what moser calls - when he gets excitable. It is an exceedingly bad and annoying af that goes beyond homer-ism. It is habit, which is worse. Rarely when mose makes a 'and there's no penalty' call, that's because there shouldn't be. Or the 'red hot' phrase rarely meets the criteria. Tho last eve Quick was quick to get somewhat peeved. But even then, red hot?

Moser is like stockholm syndrome. Or to my ears, never cry wolf. He's the host-est with the most-est air time. But ffs, I rarely trust his amped up excitable calls because rarely do they match the reality. Someone help the dude to temper his habits that constantly cross the sanity check. Maybe have him watch a few hours of Doc or listen to some Foster. Or any number of excellent play callers throughout time.

And may as well repeat... Katie is great. Smart, cracker jack quick, personable, experienced, played the sport. Most of the on-air folks atm are warm fuzzy.

Thas all. OaO.

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Exactly. MacDermid is on a leash and it's not working. Therefore: unleash MacDermid.

As for him "giving up goals" (this is not in response to you specifically @Pokecheque ) there are 4 other skaters and a goalie not he ice. Plenty of responsibility to go around.

For a game like this where he isn't good, there's been plenty of games he's been serviceable. Like you said, plenty of other blame to go around.

As far as not unleashing him, that's seems to be Bednar's MO. He did the same thing with Zadorov and he had him so scared to take a penalty with that short leash that it made him ineffective.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
For a game like this where he isn't good, there's been plenty of games he's been serviceable. Like you said, plenty of other blame to go around.

As far as not unleashing him, that's seems to be Bednar's MO. He did the same thing with Zadorov and he had him so scared to take a penalty with that short leash that it made him ineffective.
MacDermid is clearly on a leash. A couple games ago when Schenn was roughing up Rantanen MacDermid should have been fighting him or whoever Vancouver would consider their enforcer.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
As bad as Dermy was bad on that goal, the last 2 mistakes that lead to the goal were EJ who literally gave up the puck behind the net without any pressure to do so and then Francouz who let in the softy wrap around.

I'm OK with blaming Macdermid and I don't think he should play another shift as a dman, but we gotta be fair. If EJ and Francouz don't suck on that play the Ducks don't score.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
MacDermid is clearly on a leash. A couple games ago when Schenn was roughing up Rantanen MacDermid should have been fighting him or whoever Vancouver would consider their enforcer.
Punish the offender. MacDermid should be free to go out there and hammer Schenn into pulp.

Kurtis tried that with Trouba once but the chickenshit just skated all over the ice to get away, while the Avs scored. Either way a positive result.

Reactions: Azrael89

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Punish the offender. MacDermid should be free to go out there and hammer Schenn into pulp.

Kurtis tried that with Trouba once but the chickenshit just skated all over the ice to get away, while the Avs scored. Either way a positive result.
I thought as soon as Schenn went at Rants that second time that MacDermid should have come on the ice for whichever defender was closest to the bench, and immediately forced Schenn to answer for his bull shit. Otherwise I don't understand why he's in the lineup.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I thought as soon as Schenn went at Rants that second time that MacDermid should have come on the ice for whichever defender was closest to the bench, and immediately forced Schenn to answer for his bull shit. Otherwise I don't understand why he's in the lineup.
I feel like this is happening lately, but I also wonder if he's dinged up a bit. He seems unusually clumsy and unbalanced even for him. He does a few things, and I don't see him doing even those lately.

Reactions: Azrael89

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I feel like this is happening lately, but I also wonder if he's dinged up a bit. He seems unusually clumsy and unbalanced even for him. He does a few things, and I don't see him doing even those lately.
I think he's had to stop hitting since every time he knocks an opposing player over he ends up in the box. It's that BS penalty bigger players get for being stronger than the guy they're checking.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
We should trade for Schenn btw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad