GDT: Ducks @ Avs | 7pm MT 6pm LBT | The Return of LBNMN!!!!!! and Makar I guess

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Regular season likely isn't all that important too Mackinnon. It means nothing.
That's my point, people are complaining about his reg season goal scoring when he's 3rd in pts dating back to 2017 ,top 5 in ppg this year and last , and turns it on in the playoffs.

I think he's fine, he's on pace to get like 105 pts in 71 games.....even with the contract, it's nothing to complain about, not even close

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not surprising. This team has an incredibly lazy approach to lower end teams. Pretty much can pencil in a loss any time we match Arizona, Chicago and Anaheim. They don't take these teams seriously and I hope bites them in the ass. When we miss the playoffs by a couple points, I can assure you that they'll wish they played better against those teams. We've flushed 6 points in the last month down the drain on those teams.

It's tough to win games when you're goalie can't stop a beach ball. The only goal Anaheim should have scored was Henrique's. The other 3 we're pathetic on Frank.

Bednar's stubbornness cost us last night. MacDermid is an ECHL level dman that can punch. You can't just roll him out there as a normal dman. And when you do, you sure as hell don't pair him with EJ who sucks equally as much this year. Cost us twice last night.

Makar and MacK completely unacceptable showings, this is a bottom end team and 29 and 8 are complete non factors. You get paid a lot, you need inflict your will against the lower end teams that shouldn't be able to matchup with you.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Dater can f*** off with that. The 3rd period was an embarrassment, Frankie let in some BAD goals, and the team just sucked. So yes, Cogs is right, the loss was embarrassing. You cannot be where the Avs are and be dropping games like these--where they hold 2 goal leads--to bottom feeders.
It was completely embarrassing and they should feel that way. Got completely dominated in the 3rd by a team actively trying to lose for Bedard.

Then once they got down and starting giving a shit, they missed wide open nets 3 times. It was truly something.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong but Landeskog is the most important player on the team and it's very obvious to see why he is the captain.

It's become very clear this year that we are a bunch of talented players, who have no real direction.

29, 8, 96 are the clear bus drivers on the ice, but 92 keeps us pointed in the right direction.

We've had lots of injuries this year so that is going to lead to inconsistent play. But we've just been lacking this year. The focus, drive, execution has just been subpar all year.

• Love
Reactions: Murzu

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong but Landeskog is the most important player on the team and it's very obvious to see why he is the captain.

It's become very clear this year that we are a bunch of talented players, who have no real direction.

29, 8, 96 are the clear bus drivers on the ice, but 92 keeps us pointed in the right direction.

We've had lots of injuries this year so that is going to lead to inconsistent play. But we've just been lacking this year. The focus, drive, execution has just been subpar all year.
Actual picture of Landy keeping the bus in the right direction:

ImmenseConsciousInganue-max-1mb.gif

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Not surprising. This team has an incredibly lazy approach to lower end teams. Pretty much can pencil in a loss any time we match Arizona, Chicago and Anaheim. They don't take these teams seriously and I hope bites them in the ass. When we miss the playoffs by a couple points, I can assure you that they'll wish they played better against those teams. We've flushed 6 points in the last month down the drain on those teams.

It's tough to win games when you're goalie can't stop a beach ball. The only goal Anaheim should have scored was Henrique's. The other 3 we're pathetic on Frank.

Bednar's stubbornness cost us last night. MacDermid is an ECHL level dman that can punch. You can't just roll him out there as a normal dman. And when you do, you sure as hell don't pair him with EJ who sucks equally as much this year. Cost us twice last night.

Makar and MacK completely unacceptable showings, this is a bottom end team and 29 and 8 are complete non factors. You get paid a lot, you need inflict your will against the lower end teams that shouldn't be able to matchup with you.
For all the collective swagger the Avs can display when they bring their A game work-ethic wise, they ain't jackshit when they shift into cruise control mode, which they seem to love doing the moment they get a lead on an opponent. "Hey, we're up 2 goals. We can kick back and put our feet up now...even though there's a period & a half left to play." Not sure how many times this team needs to get burned that way (and throw away easy points in the process) before they finally learn this lesson--especially with them precariously teetering in & out of a playoff spot.

Last edited:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This loss happened because Val wasn’t there to control the game and they had to rely on players like MacDermid

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Wow. The one good thing to come from these struggles. You've been trying to get his man stripped of his C for a decade. 🤣

Reactions: dahrougem2

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Going after arguably the most honest and respected guy in the room is certainly a choice. Just a bizarre tweet to send.

Any time something from Dater gets posted here, I get further confirmation that I made the correct choice in unfollowing him from social media a while back. Not a single thing of value was lost.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I normally don't play this card, but it seems apt for the present. Can someone remind me how many games at a competitive level Dater has played in any sport?

Playing flip cup in the basement with no one else doesn't count.

He was an avid basketball player in his youth, that's about all I know. He had an amusing anecdote about playing a game when he was a kid in Cornish, New Hampshire, something happened, can't remember what, and the late J.D. Salinger, who was an avid fan of the local team, got up and yelled in his face.

Reporters and cameras shouldn't be in the locker room in the first place. I've always hated that.

Reporters screamed and hollered about losing access to locker rooms during the pandemic, honestly I don't really feel like anything was lost. Couple players came up to the podium and answered some questions just like the coach does every postgame, it worked just fine.

I will say once again I F**KING HATE the post merging feature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad