GDT: Ducks at Phoenix (Which is in Arizona) | Drunk Pompous Turd Edition | 5pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Yeah, he was the reason Silfverberg, Kesler, and Getzlaf failed to even come close to scoring in the shootout.

I'm guessing Heatley probably does well in the shootout in practice.
putting together his bottom 2 lines, which haven't been together at all, at any point in the season is bad coaching when the team just had 4 days off

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Heatley is a nightmare to have on this team, he is so absolutely useless that he makes Bourque look like a good player. I hope to see both of them off the lineup permanently once we are fully healthy.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah, he was the reason Silfverberg, Kesler, and Getzlaf failed to even come close to scoring in the shootout.

I'm guessing Heatley probably does well in the shootout in practice.

You're probably right, but I'm a proponent of looking at how players do during the game. It's not like Heatley was getting looks all night. Could there really be no better option? At all?

jeffl97

Dec 5, 2010
funny to see the heatley bashing for the shootout. if he does a snap shot instead of the last pull back and shoot he would've scored. and if he scores who complains then? boudreau is known for making off the wall decisions to spark his team, this was just one of them. heatley knows how to play, he just can't skate.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Game was boring, and lost in a skills competition. The SJ v. LA game is looking more interesting anyway, or I could just watch the Oilers get roasted as they currently are by the Flames. On to the next one.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You're probably right, but I'm a proponent of looking at how players do during the game. It's not like Heatley was getting looks all night. Could there really be no better option? At all?

Considering our best three guys also did absolutely nothing... :dunno:

I would like to see Vatanen get a shot at it myself.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
funny to see the heatley bashing for the shootout. if he does a snap shot instead of the last pull back and shoot he would've scored. and if he scores who complains then? boudreau is known for making off the wall decisions to spark his team, this was just one of them. heatley knows how to play, he just can't skate.
Dubnyk was so far out that there really isn't much to shoot at.

We kind of needed someone to do a deke or something.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
No NHL team can travel on December 26. By rule.

They talked about it earlier how the team could have skated and then flew out but BB chose to just **** can the skate. It showed.

Maybe BB was still eating his christmas feast and didn't want to skate before he was done....:sarcasm:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
They talked about it earlier how the team could have skated and then flew out but BB chose to just **** can the skate. It showed.

Maybe BB was still eating his christmas feast and didn't want to skate before he was done....:sarcasm:

Ah, ok, I misunderstood what you meant. You'd think skating then sitting on a plane wouldn't be good for you though.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo

That would require Heatly to employ some sort of lateral movement. Not happening. Dubnyk saw Heater coming, knew he couldn't skate at all, and came way out just baiting him into shooting at the 5 hole. It worked.

jeffl97

Dec 5, 2010

actually the five whole was wide open. if he gets his shot off half a second earlier it's in the net. (the snap shot instead of the last little pull back he did). dubynk gave it to him but closed it in time.

i also don't see boudreau get any flack from picking kesler who's awful in shootouts or silfverberg and getzlaf getting any flack for their attempts.

now i don't want heatley on this team as much as the next guy, but putting him first in a shootout was hardly the problem.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Ah, ok, I misunderstood what you meant. You'd think skating then sitting on a plane wouldn't be good for you though.

Im thinking they should have taken the first flight out of John Wayne and went to the rink to skate to get the blood flowing.

Hazy said BB opted for a much later flight.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
actually the five whole was wide open. if he gets his shot off half a second earlier it's in the net. (the snap shot instead of the last little pull back he did). dubynk gave it to him but closed it in time.

i also don't see boudreau get any flack from picking kesler who's awful in shootouts or silfverberg and getzlaf getting any flack for their attempts.

now i don't want heatley on this team as much as the next guy, but putting him first in a shootout was hardly the problem.
Please. Getzlaf, Kesler, and Silfverberg were all reasonable picks. Heatley wasn't.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Why are you guys complaining about the ****ing shootout lineup? If Dubnyk is a half second slower, Heatley scores and you'd all be praising his shootout abilities. His problem these days is that he can't skate for **** anymore... that has almost no effect on the shootout.

Get real.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Why are you guys complaining about the ****ing shootout lineup? If Dubnyk is a half second slower, Heatley scores and you'd all be praising his shootout abilities. His problem these days is that he can't skate for **** anymore... that has almost no effect on the shootout.

Get real.
Oh, I see the game. I didn't get it at first. 1. Invent alternate reality, 2. swap alternate reality for reality, 3. respond to criticism based on alternate reality.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I think it's a bit much with the hate for Boudreau for the Heatley selection, as well, unless anyone knows he sucks in shootouts in practice, as well. It wasn't even a bad attempt.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
Looking at the infographic saying that Heatley is 5 out of 54 or something ridiculous like that got me scratching my head.
I guess since there's no Perry the pool is somewhat depleted, but that move by Maroon at the last moment in the 3rd would immediately put him over Heatley in SO in my book.

Boring game ended by a weird goal. Can't really be too mad at that unfortunate stick snap: at least it made things a bit more interesting.
Even refs seemed to be sound asleep by the middle of the game.
Moving on.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
lets not kid ourselves, heatley is useless at hockey not just skating...he is always stationary and cant handle the puck or pass the puck for crap...its not just skating anymore...yes maybe he does score on the SO but the guy is done and its one of those calls where if you get it right you look like a genius, but if you get it wrong you look like a moron, well he got it wrong...i think we ALL could pick 5+ guys we would rather have take that shot than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad