GDT: Ducks at Phoenix (Which is in Arizona) | Drunk Pompous Turd Edition | 5pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Optimistic Lineup:

DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Beleskey-Kesler-Etem
Cogliano-Rakell-Silfverberg
Jackman-Thompson-Bourque

Fowler-Lovejoy
Beauchemin-Lindholm
Stoner-Vatanen

Andersen
Sawchuk

Yotes:

Sam Gagner, Mike Smith, and a piece of crap who's name rhymes with pwn.

OEL.

-------------------

I actually was called a drunk pompous turd just last night (or late this morning). The wonderful thing was that I wasn't drunk, hadn't had a drink all night. The woman called me that because I made a joke about Three's Company and misunderstandings, which she misunderstood because she missed crucial information and simply made an assumption. It was a very meta moment and good times were had by all, by which I mean me. She and her boyfriend definitely did not have a good time. Nor did the host, who considers me only barely worth putting up with for my sparkling wit.

Christmas!

getzforfighting*

boy porkins! Can't wait to watch some ducks hockey! Hope to see 1 of Perry/Beauchemin back tonight

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
What was the joke?
A friend of mine said: "Doing things you hate is the price you pay to avoid loneliness."
I said: "That's what you get for sending all those wrong signals to Loneliness. If you had just been honest you wouldn't have needed that skank Things You Hate to pretend to be your girlfriend. Did Threes Company teach you nothing?"
Angry woman missed the Things You Hate part and just assumed I was calling the guy's actual girlfriend (whom I really like) a skank. Lots of angry drinks-in-hand gesturing ensued. It's not even that good of a joke. It kinda sucks to be remembered for a mediocre joke.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Hope we get to wrap this game up quick in the bag so I can watch the sOilers game for some lulz, or maybe the sharks vs. kings game, that might be a bloodbath.

Who am I kidding, it will probably be a one goal game and might give me a heart attack, those games are not healthy for the heart.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
A friend of mine said: "Doing things you hate is the price you pay to avoid loneliness."
I said: "That's what you get for sending all those wrong signals to Loneliness. If you had just been honest you wouldn't have needed that skank Things You Hate to pretend to be your girlfriend. Did Threes Company teach you nothing?"
Angry woman missed the Things You Hate part and just assumed I was calling the guy's actual girlfriend (whom I really like) a skank. Lots of angry drinks-in-hand gesturing ensued. It's not even that good of a joke. It kinda sucks to be remembered for a mediocre joke.

Never underestimate a drunk, catty woman and her ability to put the spotlight on herself at a party, at any cost.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
I actually was called a drunk pompous turd just last night (or late this morning). The wonderful thing was that I wasn't drunk, hadn't had a drink all night. The woman called me that because I made a joke about Three's Company and misunderstandings, which she misunderstood because she missed crucial information and simply made an assumption. It was a very meta moment and good times were had by all, by which I mean me. She and her boyfriend definitely did not have a good time. Nor did the host, who considers me only barely worth putting up with for my sparkling wit.

Christmas!

giphy.gif

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
The joke was mediocre. Mostly because of how unrealistic it was. I'm pretty sure Three's Company never taught anyone a single thing.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Never underestimate a drunk, catty woman and her ability to put the spotlight on herself at a party, at any cost.

I try and see the good in people.

The joke was mediocre. Mostly because of how unrealistic it was. I'm pretty sure Three's Company never taught anyone a single thing.

It taught an adolescent Spicy Porkins the glories of a largely braless society.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA

Honestly I didn't even get it. She sounds like a see you next Tuesday to me.

Edit: ok I get it now after re-reading, I expected better though. And she still sounds like a see you next Tuesday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad