GDT: ducks at blues 10.29 5pm GIF edition

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
I thought this team was a 50-win team if it followed the system, I still think that they could have been (not anymore obviously).

This collapse is shocking. It's not just roster construction or coaching, and it's more than just a slump. So what is it? Beats the hell out of me. This is one of the worst starts any team has ever had. And they're supposed to be good. I'm not 100% on board the fire BB train because, even though I don't like him, this is bigger than him, so much so that I'm not sure firing him will fix it.
im with you, i cant put my finger on it but i think (which means nothing) that we have guys slotted very poorly...i know we have injuries but for example sekac and hagelin should not be in the top 6 IMO...i just dont see either one of those guys complimenting any player in the top 6....however i think a 3rd line of hagelin-rakell-sekac "slots" together a lot better...i think maroon NEEDS to be in the top 6 but that still leaves us 1 player short in the top 6 LW spot (i really would love to see ritchie get a look there)....to me watching this team is like watching someone trying stuff a square peg into a round hole (or a monkey humping a football is probably more accurate) and i dont think this current lineup can get it done....i hope im wrong, but i just dont see it.

and i agree that BB isnt the problem, and i think we are screwed either way but BB will be axed because of this.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
Like the Kings did to the Sharks last year?

:(

clowe-tantrum.gif

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
that 2nd goal on freddy was really sad to look at but he made so many grade A saves as well this game. really hard to fault freddy at all for this game. we need to score some goals. jesus

DaDucks*

ughhhhh... I just get in my car and drive now after these games.... Usually end up at Walmart for trash food to go with this trash season... Most of the time I just hope someone will try and start something with me in the parking.... What the hell is happening to me.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Do the Ducks have a chance to make the playoffs? Technically yes. But in reality the season is already over. We are, according to NHL.com, officially in last place. We have the same number of points as Columbus, but they have two wins to our one. Minnesota is probably hanging its head in shame for losing to us. So, ladies and gentlemen, instead of your league leading Ducks, we have your league trailing Ducks.

They are playing a bit better than at the start of the season, which is why they may move up from horrible to merely terrible. But, we are still scoring at the rate of one goal a game. They have scored more than one goal in only two games of ten this year. If they continue on the current scoring pace they have a shot at the fewest points of any team in NHL history. The target is to get less than 20 points for the season. All this after coming so close to winning last year. This collapse is most amazing.

Maybe the solution is to trade the whole team to Las Vegas and take the expansion team back in return. If I recall, the 93/94 season team had a degree of respectability to it that the current team seems to lack.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Do the Ducks have a chance to make the playoffs? Technically yes. But in reality the season is already over. We are, according to NHL.com, officially in last place. We have the same number of points as Columbus, but they have two wins to our one. Minnesota is probably hanging its head in shame for losing to us. So, ladies and gentlemen, instead of your league leading Ducks, we have your league trailing Ducks.

They are playing a bit better than at the start of the season, which is why they may move up from horrible to merely terrible. But, we are still scoring at the rate of one goal a game. They have scored more than one goal in only two games of ten this year. If they continue on the current scoring pace they have a shot at the fewest points of any team in NHL history. The target is to get less than 20 points for the season. All this after coming so close to winning last year. This collapse is most amazing.

Maybe the solution is to trade the whole team to Las Vegas and take the expansion team back in return. If I recall, the 93/94 season team had a degree of respectability to it that the current team seems to lack.
They had 4 bad ass fighters and tried like hell to win every game. And they didn't miss the playoffs by much.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I remember Todd Ewen ramming a Rangers player's head against the ice repeatedly, away from the puck. It was the first and only time that I've seen a hockey game from a suite.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Passion isn't the problem.

The lack of a system and skilled players are.

I'm a Blues fan, so take this for what you think it's worth, but no matter what other problems the Ducks have, it's something mental as well. Call it passion, call it confidence, whatever, but they only started to gain momentum when the Blues dicked around. But when the Blues pushed back, the Ducks looked exhausted or fatalistic.

In the third period, Perry entered the zone and came in on the left wing. As the Blues' defenseman closed on him to push him outside at the faceoff dot, Perry just flipped a soft backhander off the d-man's skate and coasted behind the net. Everybody makes mistakes, but it wasn't a shot and there was nobody around to receive that pass. It honestly looked like he just didn't want to get checked.

Now, the Ducks are better than we're seeing and a little luck could light a fire and send them streaking up the standings. And it's possible it's lack of confidence due to a lack of a system or something like that. But I definitely understand fans who describe what they're seeing as passionless.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
i can't believe we're actually 30th. ROFL. its officially entered into just hilarious territory

gradin123

May 12, 2010
I'm pretty sure that the Canucks did a surgery where they swapped the faces of Bieksa and Sbisa and sent us Sbisa back.

:laugh:

No as a Canucks fan I can tell you Sbisa is still crap. Sbisa had an own goal tonight. We are officially even now though.

BB really needs to be fired just for the sole reason that Kevin Bieksa led all Anaheim defenseman in ice time. 23 + minutes? Really? It was clear he was declining last year in Vancouver and he should be playing 18 minutes max per game. Also, I am shocked to see he is playing on your power play.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I couldn't help burst out laughing at how we lost that game. Team isn't playing well, but talk about having no luck whatsoever.

EDIT: I should also have known better when Kesler talked about this game being a game 7 given their record in them :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2