GDT: Ducks @ Arizona | 6:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
"Getzlaf was talking about his team’s lack of energy throughout the lineup when a reporter noted that there was no real atmosphere in the arena to help the Ducks’ energy level at the onset."

What in the actual ****? What kind on an angle is that? Why the eff did the reporter even ask that? Ridiculous.

Pretty stupid of Getzlaf not to respond with only "it is what it is" though.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Getzlaf's comments were not in good taste but if it was lead by a reporter after a tough loss in a disappointing season then it's easier to give him a bit of a pass here.

As for Bieksa, I think people are grasping at straws trying to blame Murray for Boudreau playing him heavy minutes. You can blame Murray for bringing him in but the coach determines the minutes.

Oct 18, 2011
once again, with context getzlaf said a pretty reasonable thing, but there seems to be a desire to jump down his throat right now to fit some sort of narrative that's been building

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Wasn't Wiz injured when the trade was made? I thought that the reason why Wiz wasn't played was because he was rushed into the lineup too fast, and he wasn't ready to play at that time due to some health/conditioning issue. At least that's what I understood from Bob's exit interview (starts at the 4min mark). Yeah, he also says that he wished Wiz would've had a chance to play, but if his condition/health was in question, I don't see how you can be upset at that.
Wiz wasn't injured the entire time that he was here.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
So, we are ripping on him for agreeing with the reporter, who actually advanced the idea.

Bad Getzlaf! BAD!!!

You're pretty willing to read into it.

"We didn't have any energy."

"Well, the building was dead, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, that didn't help."

I'm not ripping him. But I am pointing out that he isn't speaking like a leader lately. Regardless of the reporter's comments, it was a very poor response by Getzlaf. Good leaders don't respond like that. The reporter says there's no atmosphere in the building...a better response would be...It's up to us to make our own energy, we don't go on the road looking for fan support...Or anything else that points the blame back on the team where it belongs. Even if you think the report was leading him on, it's up to him to not take the bait.

I think Getzlaf is a great person, and I think he plays hard when he's on the ice regardless of how it may look at times...But he is not without flaws and his comments of late are not very helpful.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Here's some context for you...

He was disappointed the Arizona fans didn't help the visiting team get up for the game. :shakehead

2BALvKW.gif

Nosedive

Apr 4, 2014
So, we are ripping on him for agreeing with the reporter, who actually advanced the idea.

Bad Getzlaf! BAD!!!

As a road team, the only concern is the game plan and executing it. Nothing else matters. The goal is to go in, win, and get out. You don't concern yourself with anything else - the fans, the in-game entertainment, etc. - nothing.

So when Getzlaf said, "It's hard when you come into a building that's dead;" that's bull****, even if he was "baited." And you can't be baited into something if you're sure of yourself and what your team represents.

As a former collegiate player, I played in a few empty arenas, and it didn't make any difference to us. We were there to play a solid road game. We took delight to see our opponent's not have fans in the stands, and we took it to them. We wanted to further embarrass them, and the only noise we wanted to hear was the cheering from our bench.

The Ducks suck and they don't take accountability for it. So yeah, **** Getzlaf.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
So am I suppose to be angry at Getzlaf or the reporter today? Will check back later to find out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad