GDT: Ducks @ Arizona | 6:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
No one should be surprised at his comments most of us have agreed sometime in the past that he's not leader material. Leaders lead passengers make excuses

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I have two theories.

One, the conflict between Murray and Boudreau over the summer was rooted in Boudreau's refusal to play Wiz. Murray threatened to fire Bruce if he did that again, so now he is handcuffed to the idea that Bieksa has to be played as a top pairing defenseman till management allows him to play him in a more appropriate role.

Two, either by necessity(the injuries/loss of Beauchemin) or belief, Boudreau is feeding minutes to Bieksa in hope that things will eventually click between Bieksa and his brand new team. He sees Bieksa's problems as issues of chemistry and learning a new playstyle. Cutting his ice time would subvert that.

Even if those two ideas are incorrect, I don't buy the narrative that Boudreau is suddenly blind to one of his player's failings. edit: I'm not accusing you of thinking this, but I've seen it pop up a few times around the board.

I don't know what to think. Obviously BB sees the mistakes Bieksa makes but we are bleeding valuable points right now and I would think he would put our positions in the standings ahead of any threats from Murray.

If I were to guess I'd say it's the latter. Maybe he thinks Bieksa will eventually adjust and provide a similar level of on ice play Beauchemin provided. Although anyone who watched him in Vancouver last season could see his days as a top 4 guy were at an end.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Coyotes fan here. I want to say thank you for your reaction about Getzlaf's comments about our barn. I look forward to the day when the Coyotes are good enough over the long term for you to consider us rivals. Despite this season, we have a long way to go to get into the Duck's league.

Wishing you the best, particularly against LA.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
We should talk about realistic things like cutting his minutes or playing him with someone else

Like Lindholm? Who he was even worse with?

Or how about Stoner or Vatanen, which would be a train wreck of a different sort.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That's nice, but hopeless against me.

I flip jurors like hotcakes.....

No, you just think you do. In actuality, your arguments are transparent and weak, and rarely backed up, and the only person you fool is yourself.

Bodacious actually tries to put together cogent arguments, and he'll back them up. In this case, he's right too. Information is important. What if he was outright asked about the lack of fans in Arizona? How it feels to come into an empty building as an opposing player? Yes, at a glance, it's a dick move from Getzlaf, but the media loves to take quotes out of context. There could be a very reasonable explanation here. That doesn't mean there is, but there absolutely could be.

For what it's worth, I don't like the comments either, but I'd very much like to know what he was asked that lead to the response. We're only hearing one side of a conversation here, and not even the whole side.

DaDucks*

No, you just think you do. In actuality, your arguments are transparent and weak, and rarely backed up, and the only person you fool is yourself.

Bodacious actually tries to put together cogent arguments, and he'll back them up. In this case, he's right too. Information is important. What if he was outright asked about the lack of fans in Arizona? How it feels to come into an empty building as an opposing player? Yes, at a glance, it's a dick move from Getzlaf, but the media loves to take quotes out of context. There could be a very reasonable explanation here. That doesn't mean there is, but there absolutely could be.

I remember when half the board used to come at me... Now it's pretty much just you. I've never been backed up, and I've noticed your numbers dwindling :(

Lol @ your question examples

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I remember when half the board used to come at me... Now it's pretty much just you. I've never been backed up, and I've noticed your numbers dwindling :(

That's because I'm just too stubborn to know better, and they all know it's pointless to even attempt it with the crap you throw out.

Case in point, your response to potential questions.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

You've clearly never personally dealt with the media if you think his question examples aren't exactly the type of things that the media actually does.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You've clearly never personally dealt with the media if you think his question examples aren't exactly the type of things that the media actually does.

The media thrived on click bait before it even existed.

Or rather, before it existed in internet form.

DaDucks*

That's because I'm just too stubborn to know better, and they all know it's pointless to even attempt it with the crap you throw out.

Case in point, your response to potential questions.

No, it's because my ideas run contrary to yours. If my arguments are so weak, you shouldn't have to worry about people buying into them.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
No, it's because my ideas run contrary to yours. If my arguments are so weak, you shouldn't have to worry about people buying into them.

I don't think you understood what I just said.

Plenty of people have contrary ideas. Few of them are presented in such a ridiculous fashion.

+/-, and not even caring how they happen? Bieksa as a better offensive option than Fowler? Do I really need to go on?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I did, but I don't believe it.

That's your ego talking. The one that thinks you can "flip jurors".

Believe it or not, my ideas stand alone, without your need for acceptance. And on that note, I'm moving on from this.

DaDucks*

That's your ego talking. The one that thinks you can "flip jurors".

Believe it or not, my ideas stand alone, without your need for acceptance. And on that note, I'm moving on from this.

You have ideas?

I've only heard you complain about Bieska the last 3 weeks. Guess it's easy for your ideas to stand alone when they're so obvious. How brave of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad