Post-Game Talk: Ducks 4 @ Canucks 1 | March 28 2017

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
That was a really fun game. We played really well against the Ducks. Definitely gives hope that we can compete with these top teams.

I read this post in the voice of that cartoon dog drinking his coffee in a burning cafe.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Even Shorty and Garrett wondering why Miller was still in the game after the first period.....guy looked like he was suffering a classic case of 'battle fatigue' with the 1000-yard stare.

Willie just has no feel for his players or the game.....first period was a classic case for the mercy hook ....but he stands there with his clipboard and leaves the veteran goalie out there for another meaningless 40 minutes, after he's been blitzed with 40 shots a night for every game.

One of the most unimaginative and brain-cramped coaches I've ever seen behind a Canuck bench.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
hq9qpqT.png

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Well, that was a brutal game. Moving Biega back to defence fixed two awful pairings and stabilized the game, but that was an awful product.

Players who didn't suck :

- Biega was the best Canuck aside from maybe Tanev. Always plays with spark and intensity and brings out the best in Hutton.

- Drew Shore had a fine game and was involved in more quality scoring chances that any other Canuck. Games like this will earn him a contract for next year. His best game by far - showed some skill and vision I didn't know he had.

- I don't think Labate is an NHLer but he showed up with a solid effort tonight and played an involved game.

- Boeser was pretty invisible aside from his (slightly lucky) goal but you can see where his shot will score goals in this league. Conversely, his skating sucks and needs significant improvement. But he's already far more checked in defensively than Boucher or Goldobin.

- Tanev was his usual solid self.

- Sutter put in an honest effort while saddled with two complete ghosts as wingers.

Players who sucked :

- Edler was awful. Worst game of the season for him. Looked like the 2014 mentally checked-out disaster out there.

- Goldobin did nothing and was a complete liability defensively in the process.

- Boucher is basically Cody Hodgson in terms of skating/defensive play. Just completely lost, especially early. Did have one good PP shift but simply not an NHL player.

- Tryamkin struggled. I hate when it's suggested he should play the role of a goon, but he's far more effective when he's checked in physically and just wasn't tonight.

- Larsen probably just played his last NHL game. Bye.

- Miller wasn't good and continues to struggle tracking point shots.

- Sedins just awful. Did they do a single positive offensive thing tonight? I think they might be dragging Chaput down offensively. If their contracts were up, this would be their retirement tour right now because there's no way we'd be resigning them.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That was a brutal game. Can't believe people are still paying to see this. What a waste of money.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I actually enjoy shift work when I have no other responsibilities. 12 hour days 4 on 4 off was my schedule last spring. Plenty of time off and making a ton.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Oh sweet summer child just you wait until you have to be a real adult. Ten hour days are child's play.

I had a job once that was 4 10 hour days. It was awesome, 3-day weekend every week! It was amazing especially for a 21/22 year old living at home and having very few expenses.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Even Shorty and Garrett wondering why Miller was still in the game after the first period.

Wouldn't be surprised if Miller has more say in the matter than the coaches at this point. Management desperately wants him to come back and it appears WD is halfway out the door.

Labamba

Too Much 4 CDC
Feb 26, 2013
Shuswap
Just got done a 50 day hitch before spring breakup in the Ahole of AB (Fox Creek) 10 days 6am - 6pm 10 nights 6pm - 6am rinse and repeat. Surrounded by Oiler and Flames fans with a dash of Newfie leaf fans. It was a tough 50 days. I hit rock bottom.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I was at the game.

My thoughts:

Sven didnt do much but he looked good. Instincts, skating, effort fighting for pucks.....all there. Obvious chemistry with horvat

Edler was terrible. Bobbled the puck like it was 2013 all over again

Boeser needs a quicker first step but he seems to have good offensive IQ. His shot is no surprise. Hard off season of intense training and he'll be even better. Im excited for him.

Biega was very good. Great effort and good skater.

Goldobin misread two plays ... im not sure what to think of him. Might be one of those guys who compliments skilled guys very well can put up a lot of points in the right situation like an Alex Tanguay

Tanev was solid as solid could be considering the score

Canucks need another (perferably two) top prospect a step above Horvat/Boeser.

Wet dream: Canucks walk away from the draft with Nolan Patrick and Nico Hischer :yo:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Despite the loss, I will say that the lines in the third made more sense to me.

Hopefully, Goldy can pick up his play while playing with the sedins.

Give them a day of practice together and see if it's a fit.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I had a job once that was 4 10 hour days. It was awesome, 3-day weekend every week! It was amazing especially for a 21/22 year old living at home and having very few expenses.

Used to have that, too. 3:30pm to 2am Mon-Thurs. Only did that for a couple of years; missed too much time with my girls. If I'd been single, that'd have been the perfect shift for me. I'm naturally nocturnal.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
- I apologize to Alex Edler for cursing him. :laugh: After writing multiple posts aggressively defending how he's been great for three years now, he puts in a big stinker of a performance tonight. Yikes.

- Really sucks to see the Sedins playing this poorly. Always figured they'd lose their wheels around this time since they were never fast skaters, but they both just look mentally checked out. Errant passes to no one? Unable to take passes on their sticks while free from checks? Wtf. I was doing other stuff during the game but happened to glance at the TV at one point near the end where Henrik had a emo 2006 Markus Naslund expression nailed down pat. Bet even they're getting annoyed of WD and being paired with Chaput.

- Tanev was the best Canuck, Biega and Hutton were good. Horvat and Baertschi best forwards (but not nearly their best game). Boeser was okay; glad to see him get the goal.

- Miller looks tired. He's been terrific this past little while, but there's only so much a guy can do with this roster. He's come a long way as a pro and as a team guy IMO since he first came here. Credit where credit is due. Still don't think we should re-sign him.

- Anaheim looks scary. Think they have to be a better bet than San Jose right now to come out of the Pacific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad