Post-Game Talk: Ducks 4 @ Canucks 1 | March 28 2017

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Ducks on a role winning all there games
Canucks well led by willie

Hope for Boeser Bo Baertchi Huttsy and Tram Tram and Stech to pile up some points in a loss

Im predicting 6-3 Ducks with goals by Boeser Bo and Stecher

Edit Stecher might be injured

Last edited by a moderator:

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Ducks on a role winning all there games
Canucks well led by willie

Hope for Boeser Bo Baertchi Huttsy and Tram Tram and Stech to pile up some points in a loss

Im predicting 6-3 Ducks with goals by Boeser Bo and Stecher

Isn't Stecher injured?

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Only a few games between now and October. I am savoring these remaining games because I think they are the last of an era. Canucks are going to be somebody else next season.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Ducks have to face Boeser, fresh from a day off.

God help them.

Last edited:

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
Going to the game. Excited to see Boser and Goldy in person.

The Ducks have been playing well, so I'm not expecting a win.

Ducks 4-2
Goals by Horavt and Hutton

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Since Bachman hasn't been sent down yet I assume Marky is still down. So might as well start Bachman again to see if there is a spot for him as either Marky or Miller's backup next year.

No word on Stecher?

I hope BoBaeBB scores!

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
We should be getting killed by teams like the Ducks... but a lot of teams seem to be mailing it in and/or not taking us seriously at this point of the season. If the Ducks come in firing on all cylinders, they should mop the floor with us.

Instead, I expect Anaheim to snooze through the first couple of periods, fall behind, then suddenly have to press to get the win.

4-3 Ducks
Hank, Boe and Bo.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I can't believe the radio hosts are comparing Brock's first home game to Pavel Bure's

Bure would have gone in like the top 5 if people knew about the loophole.

Brock is just a regular blue chip talent, and these expectations are brutal.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
I can't believe the radio hosts are comparing Brock's first home game to Pavel Bure's

Expectations are high because people are looking for a bright spot, I'm not sure this kid will be affected by it.

I'm honestly curious where he would have been drafted if you redid the draft today? I think somewhere in the top 10, but not sure where.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Expectations are high because people are looking for a bright spot, I'm not sure this kid will be affected by it.
It's more than just looking for a bright spot; it's a case of rarely seeing such a blue chip prospect as property of the Canucks - one naturally overvalues it (though I still have high hopes for the prospects regardless).

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Seems like there's been a PR mandate to generate excitement around Boeser. Some of the hyperbole is getting pretty insane. Probably hoping it'll help fans forget this garbage truck season.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

I'm honestly curious where he would have been drafted if you redid the draft today? I think somewhere in the top 10, but not sure where.

No.

16-20 range

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
No.

16-20 range

Agree. He moves up over a few guys (Crouse, Guryanov, Boston's picks) but then a couple guys picked after him probably jump ahead of him too (Aho, Konecny).

Probably nets out 5-7 spots higher.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
More interesting question is, if we could only have ONE of Boeser or Juolevi, which one would you choose to keep right now?

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
More interesting question is, if we could only have ONE of Boeser or Juolevi, which one would you choose to keep right now?

Hard to chose that, obviously Boeser is more exciting, Juolevi is at a different stage in his career as well.

Good news is we don't have to chose.

This probably was meant more as a dig at Juolevi though.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Hard to chose that, obviously Boeser is more exciting, Juolevi is at a different stage in his career as well.

Good news is we don't have to chose.

This probably was meant more as a dig at Juolevi though.

No, was more intended to see if people *really* value a "top 4 D" over a "top 6 winger". Since the discussion is usually about a Canuck and a non-Canuck, it's hard to detach the belief from the pro-Canuck sentiment. Since they are both Canucks, I think it'll remove that bias and give a clearer look at how much people really buy "positional value".

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

Mcdavid
Eichel
Marner
Werenski
Provorov
Rantanen
Hanafin

After that is a group of 10-15 that have all done well after being drafted but are not bonifide nhlers( including Boeser). There are a lot of good players he will have to be better than to get into the top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad