Post-Game Talk: Ducks 3 at Flyers 2 | Oct. 20, 2016 | Reg Season game 4 | Home Opener

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Won't here a peep out of Hextall or Hakstol on this very likely.

I don't think it's really the coach's role to comment, but I've lost some respect for Hextall over not addressing this forcefully and publicly. It should have been clear after the Schenn and Gudas suspensions that the league were holding his team to a different standard, and that talking behind closed doors was accomplishing nothing.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think it has to be over 5 games to appeal, but they should have appealed the Gudas one and exposed the total hypocrisy of DPS rulings to a neutral arbitrator.

If the thinking was let's not do that and get the league mad at us, well guess what, the league already is mad enough at you to let your players get concussed with no penalty while giving out inflated suspensions on similar hits made by Flyers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
As I said on the main board thread, 3 games for a hit with no injury is obviously excessive.

Compare it to the Barrie hit that ruined Despres' career. That was also worth 3 games.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As I said on the main board thread, 3 games for a hit with no injury is obviously excessive.

Compare it to the Barrie hit that ruined Despres' career. That was also worth 3 games.

Whats been going on with Despres?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
That was an overly quick process. Announcement of a hearing came out this morning and he was suspended like 6 hours later. Whatever, I really wish I didn't lIke hockey as much as I do. I wouldn't have to support this third rate league.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Which is why Hextall is moving toward speed without sacrificing size. The key is to have no slow big players like we've had in the past (three years ago we had Hartnell, Vinnie, Hall, McGinn, Rosehill, L Schenn, Grossman - and of course Rinaldo). You also don't want undersized players with average speed (MacDonald, Schultz and Streit).

The optimal mix is a combination of quick smurfs like Giroux and Konecny, and big forwards like Simmons and Schenn, checkers like Raffl and Weise, and defensemen like Provorov, Sanheim and Morin.

At least Hextall knows what he's building, it's just going to take two more years to get there.

The change we are all waiting for will happen on the back end. Getting speed from there will be night and day for us.

No questions the BSB legend lives on. That was an illegal hit. It was not even suspendable. 3 games is ridiculous. In the NHL the squeaky wheel etc etc. They need to be more vocal in a game to game basis even.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Shaw gets a coffee for his slewfoot, that dirtbag on the Canucks don't even get that for his WWE move a coupla nights ago, Williams wrestle move on Malkin gets nothing.
I mean, I hate to play the victim card bla bla, but it's a joke.
You can't tell me with a straight face that Weise's hit was the worst offense since Gudas (too long) suspension.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Shaw gets a coffee for his slewfoot, that dirtbag on the Canucks don't even get that for his WWE move a coupla nights ago, Williams wrestle move on Malkin gets nothing.
I mean, I hate to play the victim card bla bla, but it's a joke.
You can't tell me with a straight face that Weise's hit was the worst offense since Gudas (too long) suspension.

Before that it was Schenn's which I don't even think was suspension worthy let alone three games. That was one of those very rare cases where they suspended the action over the result.

Although I think it's safe to say that suspension was all about Barry Trotz complaining to media because Schenn had the audacity to play his team hard. :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Have the last 3 suspensions for regular season games all been given to Flyers?

Aside from Shaw's preseason suspension, was their anything between Schenn on Oshie and Gudas on Czarnik?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad