Post-Game Talk: Ducks 3 at Flyers 2 | Oct. 20, 2016 | Reg Season game 4 | Home Opener

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Losing to Arizona hurt. Losing to Chicago after scoring 4 goals in 5:XX minutes hurt. Losing to the winless ducks...

But it's also 3 of the top 8 teams from last year that we have faced so far with 3 of them on the road.

Then add in that we are missing our top pairing from last year.

I am not surprised by these results. This was always going to be a transition year anyways despite domed hopeful fans thinking we should be much better. We have not been able to see the results of the offseason moves because of injury to MDZ and suspensions to Schenn and Gudas.

We will fight for a playoff spot again this year and trade off a few Dman thru the year. That's my expectation.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Weak all around, thanks for the home opener, make sure you give the Canes their first win too *******s

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Konecny needs to avoid so many hits. Provorov was better in the third. Hopefully he shook it off. Manning-AMac killed about 40 secs for the Ducks at the end. Mason played well.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They suck right now.

Why were we excited for this season again?

All seriousness, we really need MDZ-Gudas back badly.

Only part of the issue. The level of intensity tonight was flat out embarassing.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Really feeble offensively, every time we got the puck in the offensive zone there was no one open at all and just a swarm of black jerseys around the puck

PP was the culprit. That was unacceptable

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Meh...they are just mimicking last year. I expected as much. It will be a fight for a playoff birth just like last year. Whatever...long season. It what it is...as Holmgren would say.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
gonna be a long season

Not too worried when MDZ & Gudas get back...

am worried about being at ~.500 or above by then.

The D as it stands cannot make a pass to forwards in transition under any kind of pressure... 3/6 of our Dmen cannot actually pass at all, and one of the ones who can is 39 and is not a good skater anymore.

Plus the odds of having a Dman who can activate or actually get a shot through from the point on a cycle are like 1/3 for the forwards.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
They suck right now.

Why were we excited for this season again?

All seriousness, we really need MDZ-Gudas back badly.

Only part of the issue. The level of intensity tonight was flat out embarassing.

Because they are a very exciting team to watch right now

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
It's still only the 4th game of the season and they do have a fair schedule with some good opportunities to gain momentum. It sucks but I'm not worried yet since the offense has looked pretty good at times.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
That Trouba trade talk to the Flyers on the main board didn't make sence at first, but now I'm starting to believe it may be. Just not at the risk of losing Provorov, Sanheim, Morin or Myers.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
gonna be a long season

I was optimistic that saying that would be behind us for a while...but nope.

4 games...one win. This core group just can never get off to a good start. Looks like its gonna be another "digging out of a hole" typ season. 5th in a row...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
A little piece of our top 6 forwards souls must die when they look back to points after nice start to cycle and see Manning--Schultz

Happened tonight a few times, decent transition for once, puck gets along boards, Flyers forward wins battle, 2-3 passes down low on cycle... point opens up for a pass...

oh ****, it is Manning, MacDonald or Schultz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad