GDT: Duckies in Oil 6PM Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
I LOL'ed at fowlers header goal, then just drops his stick, and after the game freddy gave him a huge....LOL

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
This was the type of game that good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose.

The Swedes were amazing, I thought Rakell, Silfv, and Lindholm were great.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Swedish meatballs for everybody!

IMG_7252edit.jpg

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Bieksa offseason buyout would be 1.5 for 4 years. Meaningless cap hit, just gotta get the ok for the cash.

Bieksa's on a 35+ contract by the time the next buyout window opens, so even a buyout won't make that cap hit disappear. Sure, we can pay him $1.3+ million in real dollars for the next 4 years, but the $4 million AAV will stay against the salary cap.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good win. Edmonton didn't have a lot going on outside of Andersen's 2 bad goals, but credit to Andersen to essentially keeping it at 2 despite not playing well (was a bad bounce off Fowler) a team can still cover for him if he can keep the scoreline low like that.

Bieksa's on a 35+ contract by the time the next buyout window opens, so even a buyout won't make that cap hit disappear. Sure, we can pay him $1.3+ million in real dollars for the next 4 years, but the $4 million AAV will stay against the salary cap.
Paying Bieksa 1.3m for the next 4 years to not play on the Ducks would be worth having his 4m caphit on the books till the end of 2017-18 (given we're likely not going to spend to the cap anyway).

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
2ppg against

Garbut played more than a minute on PK which is nice to see - how did he look? And why did Thompson played only 44 seconds on PK? He is still struggling after injury as well?

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
2ppg against

Garbut played more than a minute on PK which is nice to see - how did he look? And why did Thompson played only 44 seconds on PK? He is still struggling after injury as well?
Did you see the PPG against or are you just looking at the box score? First one was a soft goal that Andersen should have saved from the boards, second one puck deflected into the air hit Fowler in the head and went over Andersen and in.

No idea on Thompson.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Did you see the PPG against or are you just looking at the box score? First one was a soft goal that Andersen should have saved from the boards, second one puck deflected into the air hit Fowler in the head and went over Andersen and in.

No idea on Thompson.

I did not see the game but i`m just pointing out the fact. We have been pretty bad lately.

But in next 14 days we have only 5 games so i hope we figure something out

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
I did not see the game but i`m just pointing out the fact. We have been pretty bad lately.

But in next 14 days we have only 5 games so i hope we figure something out
Look at how the goals were scored, the PK looked fine in the game. Bad goaltending on a soft shot for the first goal and a bad bounce for the second one (that probably doesn't happen again in another 99 attempts).

Oct 18, 2011
the ducks host the kings on the 28th.

before then they are
@ van
vs calgary
vs buffalo
vs edmonton

so pretty important stretch of games here to keep the heat on them

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We have a history losing in games in which we should have won. We should get max points out of it but i doubt we do, i think we will get 6 or 7 out of 8.

The game vs Kings should be a big one. It`ll be in the Pond as well!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We have a history losing in games in which we should have won. We should get max points out of it but i doubt we do, i think we will get 6 or 7 out of 8.

The game vs Kings should be a big one. It`ll be in the Pond as well!

We've been for the most part dominant in recent years against all 4 of those teams.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
That would require the media team to be competent.

Random, but Lindholm has the worst acne I have ever seen. People always told me if you were in shape you would have less acne, I see that's a total lie now!

You never know, it could be worse if he was fat.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

Random, but Lindholm has the worst acne I have ever seen. People always told me if you were in shape you would have less acne, I see that's a total lie now!

Sweat is a big factor, too. The forehead makes sense because of the helmet, not sure about the rest of it though. However, I'm sure it doesn't hurt him too much with the women anyway.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

That's not even that bad acne, sure it's not nice looking but I've seen worse. The lighting doesn't help here at all either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad