Post-Game Talk: DuckDuckDuckDuck Goose: Pens 0 Ducks 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Great the team will be a non factor in 2/3 years just like Detroit . The fan base will love that

Not only is this nonsense because we're trying to win right now and not prioritizing 2-3 years from now, but also because your examples of Detroit and Colorado didn't become non-factors when their stars turned 32. Yzerman won his last Cup when he was 37, ya nub.

Your plan is a wildly misguided pre-emptive strike with no basis in reality.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hope is always good

Or... understanding hockey is always good. Did we re-sign Kunitz for 4 years? Did we sign Hornqvist to a 14 year deal? Did we go out and give our defense 8 year deals?

Did we keep making trades to try to get an 8th spot in the playoffs to keep a pointless streak going?

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Or... understanding hockey is always good. Did we re-sign Kunitz for 4 years? Did we sign Hornqvist to a 14 year deal? Did we go out and give our defense 8 year deals?

Did we keep making trades to try to get an 8th spot in the playoffs to keep a pointless streak going?
I hope for penguin fans they do win the cup again but its highly doubtful . Its good you think your smart and have a greater understanding of hockey I have to disagree lol . Have a good Holidays Good luck to the Penguins

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Not only is this nonsense because we're trying to win right now and not prioritizing 2-3 years from now, but also because your examples of Detroit and Colorado didn't become non-factors when their stars turned 32. Yzerman won his last Cup when he was 37, ya nub.

Your plan is a wildly misguided pre-emptive strike with no basis in reality.
Great

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hope for penguin fans they do win the cup again but its highly doubtful . Its good you think your smart and have a greater understanding of hockey I have to disagree lol . Have a good Holidays Good luck to the Penguins

I'm pretty sure you don't hope they win the Cup. :laugh: And I do understand our team and the game more than you judging by your recent very uneducated posts. Stop back on the Habs board and bitch about MB more. And keep reliving those glory days where you could soak up dynasties with no teams in the league. Horrraaaay history!

Reactions: NEPA

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
My argument is so many people want to put the blame on JR, bottom 6, and Sully. There are legit excuses out there but the main reason our team sucks right now is because 87, 71, 58. The 3 stars combined with a lot of valid excuses are the reason this team is in a struggle to even make the playoffs (physical/mental exhaustion).

But every single game I read through GDT and PGT comments and it's "Ryan Reaves!" "JR!" "Sully!". It's bull****. Scapegoating the real issues. And I think @Jacob said it best - while there are bigger issues on the team, the ones that are changeable are sadly things that JR can do with the bottom 6. And even those aren't easy.

But it's just tiring listening to people focus on the smaller issues and just completely turn a blind eye to legit excuses/reasons and main important factors as to why this season is bad. It's just so easy to blame Reaves. It's easy to sit there and criticize JR. But that's a lazy argument, IMO. Very lazy.

THAT is what is so frustrating. The biggest issues are not fixable by any realistic actions. Either the bulk of the core gets their heads out of their asses and fix whatever is going on with them in time to make the playoffs. Or they do not and we hope that a long restful offseason does the trick, and fix the bottom in six in the off-season And JR hopefully is smart enough to realize this.

Lao Tzu once famously said that a bowl is most useful when it is empty. Meaning that sometimes your worst move is doing something, and often your best but hardest move strategically is to not simply fill the bowl to fill it. In this case unless they go on a major run between now and the deadline do not fill that bowl.

Reactions: EightyOne

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
THAT is what is so frustrating. The biggest issues are not fixable by any realistic actions. Either the bulk of the core gets their heads out of their asses and fix whatever is going on with them in time to make the playoffs. Or they do not and we hope that a long restful offseason does the trick, and fix the bottom in six in the off-season And JR hopefully is smart enough to realize this.

Lao Tzu once famously said that a bowl is most useful when it is empty. Meaning that sometimes your worst move is doing something, and often your best but hardest move strategically is to not simply fill the bowl to fill it. In this case unless they go on a major run between now and the deadline do not fill that bowl.

The only thing i struggle with is that this same post could be written in 2015 leading to 2016. So i guess January is a time to see if we should fill the bowl or not. Because filling it in 2015-16 led to a cemented legacy for 2 HOFers 87 and 71.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
No, but I think it’s clear JR gave Sullivan a player he won’t use as more than a standard goon but will play every game for whatever reason. That can’t help the situation.

There was a breakdown in communication or whatever somewhere and Sullivan hasn’t adapted to Reaves well. It’s an interesting little red flag.

Ya, I dunno what's going on there, but his superstars wanted Reaves and he's already proven his worth as a really good fourth liner with the Blues. I know those are two indisputable facts.

Reaves has no control over what weird shit Sullivan is doing with him and his line.

Reactions: wtd

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Great the team will be a non factor in 2/3 years just like Detroit . Penguins are 3 pts ahead of the Habs are everyone agrees we aren't good . What are the Penguins this season honestly ?

If your intent isn't to actually engage in a valid discussion of what the Pens should do, why bother posting on the Pens sub-forum? Probably better off posting these "Pens are done, window is closed, so trade everyone" posts in the trade forum.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
My argument is so many people want to put the blame on JR, bottom 6, and Sully. There are legit excuses out there but the main reason our team sucks right now is because 87, 71, 58. The 3 stars combined with a lot of valid excuses are the reason this team is in a struggle to even make the playoffs (physical/mental exhaustion).

But every single game I read through GDT and PGT comments and it's "Ryan Reaves!" "JR!" "Sully!". It's bull****. Scapegoating the real issues. And I think @Jacob said it best - while there are bigger issues on the team, the ones that are changeable are sadly things that JR can do with the bottom 6. And even those aren't easy.

But it's just tiring listening to people focus on the smaller issues and just completely turn a blind eye to legit excuses/reasons and main important factors as to why this season is bad. It's just so easy to blame Reaves. It's easy to sit there and criticize JR. But that's a lazy argument, IMO. Very lazy.
Completely agree. I'm not happy with Sully right now but he is NOT why we're a lottery team. This is on the players. It's up to them to right the ship. Except for Letang, he should walk the plank!

I'm pretty disappointed in the team's "leadership." All I see is a bunch of guys hanging their heads and talking in cliches rather than putting in the work to turn this around. Horny has to be very frustrated at this point.

JR should tell the guys that they have 6 weeks to turn this around or else he's going to sell what he can at the deadline and focus on the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad